3D printer for anime figures o.O

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

I believe it would be cheap to use a 3D printer to get the anime figure. Of course it wouldn't be sturdy like plastic and such but it's still good and I would love to set my hands on a 3D printer.

[Image: YqKb33u.png?1]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Nameless
Gotei

I don't think they would last long. Anime merchandise are expensive for a reason and you wouldn't get that quality elsewhere. I suggest you to get a regular figure you want.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] have you ever tried this?
I never saw any 3d printer in real life so I didn't do anything cool like this Sad

Risk
Shichibukai

I've used one before and it wouldn't be as simple as that. They don't come out very smooth and plus it would be in one color. This was just from a smaller one I've used but I don't know how good the really advanced ones would be.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-11-2018, 12:08 AM)Risk Wrote: I've used one before and it wouldn't be as simple as that. They don't come out very smooth and plus it would be in one color. This was just from a smaller one I've used but I don't know how good the really advanced ones would be.

Wow... Where did you find a 3d printer kiddo?
I have only ever seen it in YouTube.
So....
I see....I hope we could mix colors then

Angel
Gotei

if it's easy to make figures that way, no one would purchase anything else. why the fuk would you think a 3d printer can give you whatever you want? i don't fuking get you

Nameless
Gotei

May be we could get an advanced 3d printer which offers better quality and better material. Everyone will go crazy if that were to happen. I would get a printer myself

Sindar
Zweilt

(10-10-2018, 11:25 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] have you ever tried this?
I never saw any 3d printer in real life so I didn't do anything cool like this Sad

To print something you need a model first. Making a model of the anime figure you want would be way more difficult than buying the figure online. Also, the plastic used in printers has a specific look, and to make it look good you often have to do some additional work with it. Also there is a question of painting your figure. Maybe people who are into home made figures would find printers useful, but for a regular person it doesn't make sense. Kinda like buying a tablet doesn't make you able to produce beautiful fan-arts =)

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-14-2018, 03:11 AM)Sindar Wrote: To print something you need a model first. Making a model of the anime figure you want would be way more difficult than buying the figure online. Also, the plastic used in printers has a specific look, and to make it look good you often have to do some additional work with it. Also there is a question of painting your figure. Maybe people who are into home made figures would find printers useful, but for a regular person it doesn't make sense. Kinda like buying a tablet doesn't make you able to produce beautiful fan-arts =)

Oh.....
Hehe I was hoping it could be an ideal solution.... Wow. So you use it for robotic parts, which doesn't need coloring huh?
I wish I could see it in real life sometime.

Risk
Shichibukai

(10-11-2018, 12:22 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: Wow... Where did you find a 3d printer kiddo?
I have only ever seen it in YouTube.
So....
I see....I hope we could mix colors then

I used then when I was in school.

(10-11-2018, 01:15 PM)Angel Wrote: if it's easy to make figures that way, no one would purchase anything else. why the fuk would you think a 3d printer can give you whatever you want? i don't fuking get you

You can print anything you want depending on how big your printer is. You can print figures if you want but in only one color and the quality won't be even close to of an actual figure, but technology is always improving so who knows when it will come in to use.

(10-11-2018, 04:22 PM)Nameless Wrote: May be we could get an advanced 3d printer which offers better quality and better material. Everyone will go crazy if that were to happen. I would get a printer myself

I haven't been keeping up with the technology but its always improving so it could get there some day.