July Anime: Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

The theme I got from this episode was indifference, mainly. The indifference of the public to the girls' accident, to the suicide, the indifference of the mother to the elder girl walking out in the middle of dinner, and the younger girl's story. 
And also, visually speaking there's a lot of similarity between this one and Eva.
Don't know what it holds in the future though.
But the Navi behaved in a strange way, it sort of interacted with Lain, and didn't behave like an actual computer.
The family doesn't seem close too, none of them looked each other in the eye.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

It's scary to think that years ago this episode would predict how things are kind of like today. Many families just staring at their devices and not bothering to interact with one another.

Keep an eye on everything you see because this show gets weird and weird quickly.

Risk
Pirate

(07-20-2018, 04:24 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: It's scary to think that years ago this episode would predict how things are kind of like today. Many families just staring at their devices and not bothering to interact with one another.

Keep an eye on everything you see because this show gets weird and weird quickly.

Yeah it was one of those series that was weird at the time but ended getting a lot more popular in the future. I don't know if you've seen it but blade runner the movie (not an anime) had the same thing no one liked it at the time but over time gained popularity and predicted a lot of thinks we have now.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-20-2018, 04:24 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: It's scary to think that years ago this episode would predict how things are kind of like today. Many families just staring at their devices and not bothering to interact with one another.

Yes totally. Almost uncanny and surreal.
(07-20-2018, 06:57 PM)Risk Wrote: Yeah it was one of those series that was weird at the time but ended getting a lot more popular in the future. I don't know if you've seen it but blade runner the movie (not an anime) had the same thing no one liked it at the time but over time gained popularity and predicted a lot of thinks we have now.

The unfortunate thing is that even though Blade Runner's sequel, Blade Runner 2049 was universally praised, it still failed to make good money. I loved both movies.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Risk
Pirate

(07-20-2018, 11:44 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yes totally. Almost uncanny and surreal.

The unfortunate thing is that even though Blade Runner's sequel, Blade Runner 2049 was universally praised, it still failed to make good money. I loved both movies.

I haven't watched the new one yet mainly because it is so long and it will be hard for me to sit thought it as it is so long and slow.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-21-2018, 12:31 AM)Risk Wrote: I haven't watched the new one yet mainly because it is so long and it will be hard for me to sit thought it as it is so long and slow.

Well if you don't like long and slow then it's not for you. But I watched it in the cinemas and the experience was something else. It was shot to perfection and I was hooked from start to finish.

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

One last thing I forgot to mention was, the eyes! Be very afraid of the eyes....

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-21-2018, 04:16 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: One last thing I forgot to mention was, the eyes! Be very afraid of the eyes....

They look dead and distant to me but yeah alright I'll keep an eye.

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(07-21-2018, 10:00 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: They look dead and distant to me but yeah alright I'll keep an eye.

an eye on the eye? You will regret it Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July Anime: Serial Experiments Lain Episodes 2-3 Discussion MadaraUchiha 8 139 08-08-2018, 02:39 AM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Serial Experiments Lain: July 2018 Anime Group Watch Star_Of_Hope 13 193 08-07-2018, 02:32 AM
Last Post: SecretWish