USB

Demon_skeith
Gotei

Anyone here use a USB often for storing or backing up your files? How many do you have and how big are they file storage size?

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

I do use it. I have 8 gb and 16 gb usb's with me.
I don't use them as backup devices. I would rather use a hard disk for that

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
fords8

I use them everyday to backup. I make my own USB boot drives for my OSs.

kingcool52

I just use a USB to store files that I need to print. My printer is broken at the moment so I have to go somewhere and print them. Other than that, I don't really use USBs that much

Demon_skeith
Gotei

I have three or four myself all ranging in 32 gb. I have one for music back up, another for games, another for school work and one for misc use.

Nameless
Gotei

USB's are old school now. I use cloud services to back up my data. It's much more secure and less expensive

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(12-14-2017, 05:27 PM)KuranKaname Wrote: USB's are old school now. I use cloud services to back up my data. It's much more secure and less expensive

What if someone gets your password or that company  offering it shuts down? You will be back to square one

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
kingcool52

(12-14-2017, 05:27 PM)KuranKaname Wrote: USB's are old school now. I use cloud services to back up my data. It's much more secure and less expensive

That depends on a lot of factors really. All it takes is a really poor password for it to be not very secure.