Star Wars Rogue One Movie Review

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Rogue One-A Star Wars Story Movie Review

Plot:
In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans  to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction.

Disclaimer:
I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, I loved The Empire Strikes Back and The Force Awakens, I liked Return of the Jedi and Star Wars(i.e., A New Hope), and I didn't like the prequels.

Pro's:
The Third Act, mostly. It's epic.
The batlle sequences.
The characters were funny.
K-2SO, the droid in the movie.
Jyn Erso, the main character, played by Felicity Jones, to some extent.
The acting was good.
The CGI was phenomenal, except when it came to motion capture.
The Darth Vader scenes.

Con's:
The first act(or even the first half) was okay-ish, and kind of choppy.
I didn't give a damn about the characters, because they weren't established very well, except say Jyn Erso, the protagonist.
The motion capture was sub-par.
The movie was predictable, to some extent.

Verdict:
Overall, I'd give this 7.5/10. It's a very good movie with great action sequences, and good dialogues.

PS: Watch Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope before watching this movie, because this takes place right before that......

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Nel
Star wars. I don't know what people see in it but I never liked it. Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though. This new one ..is it better than the previous one?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(12-21-2016, 03:06 AM)Nel Wrote: Star wars. I don't know what people see in it but I never liked it. Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though. This new one ..is it better than the previous one?

"Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though"
I never said anything like that.....

As far as Star Wars is concerned, even I don't particularly love it.... But, it's a multigenerational thing, it became a huge thing during the 80's and people passed it on.....
Previous one, as in Episode VII: The Force Awakens, that come out in 2015? No.... By the way, this movie has no connection with that one..... This is a prequel to the first Star Wars movie that came out in 1977.....

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Nel
(12-22-2016, 01:14 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: "Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though"
I never said anything like that.....

As far as Star Wars is concerned, even I don't particularly love it.... But, it's a multigenerational thing, it became a huge thing during the 80's and people passed it on.....
Previous one, as in Episode VII: The Force Awakens, that come out in 2015? No.... By the way, this movie has no connection with that one..... This is a prequel to the first Star Wars movie that came out in 1977.....

I was talking about general plot twist of star wars. A prequel sounds Boeing after all this time

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(12-22-2016, 12:53 PM)Nel Wrote: I was talking about general plot twist of star wars. A prequel sounds Boeing after all this time

I see..... Well, the movie is not boring, and I guess you can't judge it without waching it.... And, it's getting positive reviews and making a ton of money.....

Nel
(12-23-2016, 03:15 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I see..... Well, the movie is not boring, and I guess you can't judge it without waching it.... And, it's getting positive reviews and making a ton of money.....

Then I will give it a try. MadaraUchiha I got another drama recommendation for you if you want

SolarFlare

Star Wars has always been one of my favourite films and this simply topped my charts Tongue The film, I feel, did an amazing jon at linking Episode 3 and Episode 4 and really did show the construction of the Death Star and the raise of the Empire. Really great job.

My favourite scene of Princess Leia is by far the best in the film Grin It set the scene perfectly for Episode 4 which follows this film directly after.

All in all, the best Star Wars film yet Grin

Nel
(01-16-2017, 02:42 AM)SolarFlare Wrote: Star Wars has always been one of my favourite films and this simply topped my charts Tongue The film, I feel, did an amazing jon at linking Episode 3 and Episode 4 and really did show the construction of the Death Star and the raise of the Empire. Really great job.

My favourite scene of Princess Leia is by far the best in the film Grin It set the scene perfectly for Episode 4 which follows this film directly after.

I don't like star wars a bit and believe that it's totally overrated

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-16-2017, 02:42 AM)SolarFlare Wrote: Star Wars has always been one of my favourite films and this simply topped my charts Tongue The film, I feel, did an amazing jon at linking Episode 3 and Episode 4 and really did show the construction of the Death Star and the raise of the Empire. Really great job.

I see, well, my opinion of the film has worsened as each day passed..... It's a good movie, but, nothing spectacular...... And, you didn't find the CGI version of Leia weird? Even Tarkin's digital version was fine, but her version was pretty bad.....

@ak
NBF senshi

I absolutely loved this movie. It was different, and a bit darker than the normal movies. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I also loved the previous movies.

And I was also hyped about seeing "Mads Mikkelsen", that played the father(Galen Erso) of Jyn Erse. He is an excellent actor, and I absolutely love him. Even though he didn't play a huge part, I am still a little disappointed, that he didn't get that much screen time. He also played the villain in Dr. Strange, which I haven't seen yet.

Other than that, I would rate the movie 8/10. I am not picky when it comes to movies, if I liked it, I liked it, if I didn't, I didn't.

I don't believe in anyone, nor do I believe in God. I just believe in myself.
-Genjo Sanzo