Can you accept main characters defeat?

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

I can't accept the main characters defeat.
If he/she comes back with an even more strength then I wouldn't mind but a complete defeat, I can't accept that.
Am I am the only person who thinks that way?

Elvis
Rouge pirate

I can, because it makes the series more interesting in my opinion. There are so few anime series out there in which the bad guys win...

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

(10-29-2015, 01:16 AM)alakazam Wrote: I can, because it makes the series more interesting in my opinion. There are so few anime series out there in which the bad guys win...

I don't remember such an anime.
Do you have names? I would like to take a look at them Cheers

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

I like it when the main hero gets defeated, makes it so you don't know what to expect from the series.

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

(10-29-2015, 12:45 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: I like it when the main hero gets defeated, makes it so you don't know what to expect from the series.

Are you talking about the final battle or just the fight to make the main protagonist awaken his true power?

Elvis
Rouge pirate

(10-29-2015, 03:02 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: I don't remember such an anime.
Do you have names? I would like to take a look at them Cheers

Just look up online "anime in which the villain wins" and you will find lots of titles...

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Well, if I can digest it if the main character is not too like-able.... For example, Naruto was irritating, and Luffy was quite funny, and not too like-able, but, I can digest it if they are defeated.....

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Retired Staff

(10-29-2015, 12:59 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: I can't accept the main characters defeat.
If he/she comes back with an even more strength then I wouldn't mind but a complete defeat, I can't accept that.
Am I am the only person who thinks that way?

If the protagonist was strong and used to win, than that sounds like a pretty great plot turn to me =) Even if he main character is a weakling who always looses, I'd still be okay with it, as long as there is something that goes for that show.

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

(11-07-2015, 02:08 AM)Sindar Wrote: If the protagonist was strong and used to win, than that sounds like a pretty great plot turn to me =) Even if he main character is a weakling who always looses, I'd still be okay with it, as long as there is something that goes for that show.

Then did you watch wolf's rain?
It's an anime where no one gains anything.

(10-31-2015, 03:33 AM)alakazam Wrote: Just look up online "anime in which the villain wins" and you will find lots of titles...

But most of them are old and not at all interesting.
I want to collect good and interesting anime.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 01:31 AM by KuranKaname.)

Sindar
Retired Staff

(11-25-2015, 01:26 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: Then did you watch wolf's rain?
It's an anime where no one gains anything.

No, but it is on my list =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Main characters killing good people in anime Star_Of_Hope 27 301 06-16-2018, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Sase