Evolution

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:23 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I'm probably not the right person to be asking these questions though to be honest. Biology and I are miles apart in terms of interest.

I am not really good with biology myself and I am just trying to understand opinions as most of the theories are not yet proven and can be called opinions in a broad sense

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Ace
Akatsuki

It may already be at the pinnacle of it's evolution, did you not think if it had evolved to that state? What if at that point in that specific organisms life it is in it's perfect form, and can no longer evolve.

“Intelligence is based on how efficient a species became at doing the things they need to survive.” 

― Charles Darwin

[Image: b8d013dffb.png]
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:29 PM)Ace Wrote: It may already be at the pinnacle of it's evolution, did you not think if it had evolved to that state? What if at that point in that specific organisms life it is in it's perfect form, and can no longer evolve.

“Intelligence is based on how efficient a species became at doing the things they need to survive.” 

― Charles Darwin

Well ace, nothing is proven and is just a theory from researchers.
They can be wrong or they might be right

Ace
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:31 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well ace, nothing is proven and is just a theory from researchers.
They can be wrong or they might be right

indeed, it's just my opinion

[Image: b8d013dffb.png]
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:33 PM)Ace Wrote: indeed, it's just my opinion

I see
 There are many things that doesn't make any sense. The unicellular organisms can survive in harmful conditions. If that is the case, they might survived in Venus too. Or they might have developed in Mars too.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:26 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I am not really good with biology myself and I am just trying to understand opinions as most of the theories are not yet proven and can be called opinions in a broad sense

No no it's not like that. There's a difference between a theory and a scientific theory. Evolution is a scientific theory, and there's well corroborated evidence of it, and observations and experiments that support it as well.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:06 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: No no it's not like that. There's a difference between a theory and a scientific theory. Evolution is a scientific theory, and there's well corroborated evidence of it, and observations and experiments that support it as well.

Well still it's not proven. I do get what you are trying to say but, it can still be negated by another theory too.
It happened before with respect to universe related theories

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:25 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well still it's not proven. I do get what you are trying to say but, it can still be negated by another theory too.
It happened before with respect to universe related theories

No there's no other theory. As I said, it's well corroborated and is supported by evidence, and experiments. That's why it's a scientific theory. It hasn't been disproved yet. And there's no better theory than evolution to explain life.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:33 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: No there's no other theory. As I said, it's well corroborated and is supported by evidence, and experiments. That's why it's a scientific theory. It hasn't been disproved yet. And there's no better theory than evolution to explain life.

I see. Thank you Grin
I can't wait to see a day when we discover life in another planet. I am positive that life exists in this vast universe.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:36 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I see. Thank you Grin
I can't wait to see a day when we discover life in another planet. I am positive that life exists in this vast universe.

Possibly, yes, but I doubt it'll happen in our lifetime.