Evolution

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

We do observe evolution in homosapiens and in many other species. Why do you think a unicellular organism still exists then?
Why didn't it evolve?

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
SecretWish
V.I.P. member

i never imagined this. may be you could tag smart people like @MadaraUchiha @Ace @Risk @Sase @Elvis @Mina @Mansi14
they might know something.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Mainly depends on the habitat I guess. The place may not be suitable for multicellular organisms.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 12:12 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Mainly depends on the habitat I guess. The place may not be suitable for multicellular organisms.

Well there is that. There is also a theory stating that, we are the species evolved from unicellular organisms which existed 2 million years ago

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

Perhaps whatever triggered evolution for that simply didn't happen yet?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 01:25 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well there is that. There is also a theory stating that, we are the species evolved from unicellular organisms which existed 2 million years ago

Not really. Ancestral species of Homo Sapiens can be traced to over a million years back.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 04:30 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Not really. Ancestral species of Homo Sapiens can be traced to over a million years back.

That's news to me. I have always assumed that the unicellular organisms that we see today will evolve into multicellular organisms after a very long time

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 05:30 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: That's news to me. I have always assumed that the unicellular organisms that we see today will evolve into multicellular organisms after a very long time

They may or may not, it depends on the environment. After all, life is theorized to have formed over 4 billion years ago.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:11 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: They may or may not, it depends on the environment. After all, life is theorized to have formed over 4 billion years ago.

Indeed. Just trying to understand the theories and their depth.
I was surprised when I came to know that unicellular organisms can survive in dangerous environments

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:20 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Indeed. Just trying to understand the theories and their depth.
I was surprised when I came to know that unicellular organisms can survive in dangerous environments

I'm probably not the right person to be asking these questions though to be honest. Biology and I are miles apart in terms of interest.