Indian food items

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:18 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I see. I was not aware of that.
Are there any naive Tamil dishes? I wonder just how many Indian food items are there as of now

Obviously every state that has a language of its own will have its own native dishes, and its own method of preparing dishes. I for one know that dishes in Andhra are spicy, whereas in Karnataka, jaggery is added in everything.
As for your question, nothing comes to my mind, I probably have to ask my mother.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:21 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Obviously every state that has a language of its own will have its own native dishes, and its own method of preparing dishes. I for one know that dishes in Andhra are spicy, whereas in Karnataka, jaggery is added in everything.
As for your question, nothing comes to my mind, I probably have to ask my mother.

The talk here with respect to Tamil people is ....they like sambar and they use some sweetener in it. I like sambar but i don't like any sweet in it

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:24 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: The talk here with respect to Tamil people is ....they like sambar and they use some sweetener in it. I like sambar but i don't like any sweet in it

No as far as I know Tamils don't add any sweeteners in Sambar.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:06 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: No as far as I know Tamils don't add any sweeteners in Sambar.

Well I know three Tamil families and all of them add some sweetener to sambar. I suspect it's jaggery but I am not so sure.
Do you like sambar too?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:27 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well I know three Tamil families and all of them add some sweetener to sambar. I suspect it's jaggery but I am not so sure.
Do you like sambar too?

There are 7 million families in Chennai, you know. And I know a few, but I can say for sure that people don't add Jaggery into Sambar. And of course I like Sambar. It's a staple food here. Everybody eats it.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:32 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: There are 7 million families in Chennai, you know. And I know a few, but I can say for sure that people don't add Jaggery into Sambar. And of course I like Sambar. It's a staple food here. Everybody eats it.
Well when you hear someone say that we eat it like this in our side, you will believe them for sure. I guess it depends on the area too then.
That's what I heard too and everyone likes sambar Grin
I like it too even though I am not a tamilian.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 10:35 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well when you hear someone say that we eat it like this in our side, you will believe them for sure. I guess it depends on the area too then.
That's what I heard too and everyone likes sambar Grin
I like it too even though I am not a tamilian.

Sambar is a staple food in Karnataka, Andhra and Tamil Nadu so that's to be expected. Not sure about Kerala.

blackrose
Shichibukai

I like all sorts of indian food but my absolute favorite is kheer