Indian food items

Angel
Gotei

i don't recognize any of the varieties that you keep discussing here. i didn't know there were that many sweets with weird names like that too.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 02:11 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I see. Anyway, Telugu is not all that different from Tamil so more often than not we may end up having common words.
Yeah there are lots of Bajji shops here.

I really didn't expect that at all. The writings are completely different and it's ....I don't get half of the things when I Converse with my Tamil friend. That's great. There are various types in bajji too. I prefer Mirchi bajji.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 11:37 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I really didn't expect that at all. The writings are completely different and it's ....I don't get half of the things when I Converse with my Tamil friend. That's great. There are various types in bajji too. I prefer Mirchi bajji.

Obviously there are differences and the script is completely different, yes but they both belong to the same language family.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 12:09 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Obviously there are differences and the script is completely different, yes but they both belong to the same language family.

I agree but I was able to read kannada but not Tamil. I mentioned this to someone before. I am not so sure to whom, as of now.
Indeed they are close to Sanskrit in everyway.

Demon_skeith
Gotei

I've heard this food can really be spicy and I'm not one for hot food so I've never really tried it.

Angel
Gotei

(07-10-2018, 02:34 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: I've heard this food can really be spicy and I'm not one for hot food so I've never really tried it.

me too but i also heard that it's tasty too. i am tempted but couldn't get anything

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 12:32 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I agree but I was able to read kannada but not Tamil. I mentioned this to someone before. I am not so sure to whom, as of now.
Indeed they are close to Sanskrit in everyway.

I've studied Tamil and Sanskrit for 5 years and they are really really different.
And as I mentioned the scripts are incredibly different between Tamil abd Telugu so I can't read Telugu either.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 04:29 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I've studied Tamil and Sanskrit for 5 years and they are really really different.
And as I mentioned the scripts are incredibly different between Tamil abd Telugu so I can't read Telugu either.

I see. What do you say pootarekulu in Tamil? It's a very sweet dish and no one can eat a large quantity. It's famous around here

(07-10-2018, 02:34 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: I've heard this food can really be spicy and I'm not one for hot food so I've never really tried it.

They are tasty as well. You should give them a try.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 05:33 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I see. What do you say pootarekulu in Tamil? It's a very sweet dish and no one can eat a large quantity. It's famous around here

They are tasty as well. You should give them a try.

I searched about it and it seems like a dish that's native to Andhra, so there isn't any Tamil word for it.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 09:09 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I searched about it and it seems like a dish that's native to Andhra, so there isn't any Tamil word for it.
I see. I was not aware of that.
Are there any naive Tamil dishes? I wonder just how many Indian food items are there as of now