Indian food items

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

How many of you like them and what is your traditional food item?
For Clara, it is metai and chalimidi. Well she likes Manchuria too.
As for me, anything sweet is good.
What about you guys?

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Dosa, Paneer and Gobi items, and chaat items like Pani Puri, Dahi Papdi, and sweets like Jangri and Gulab Jamun and a few varieties of Sambar and Rasam.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-09-2018, 10:24 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Dosa, Paneer and Gobi items, and chaat items like Pani Puri, Dahi Papdi, and sweets like Jangri and Gulab Jamun and a few varieties of Sambar and Rasam.

Jangri and jilebi are similar.
What about jjikebi? I like it with sugar but I don't like the jaggery one.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-09-2018, 10:26 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Jangri and jilebi are similar.
What about jjikebi? I like it with sugar but I don't like the jaggery one.

They only look similar. Their tastes are pretty different. I never liked Jalebi. Maybe it's because I never ate a good one but it was never for me.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-09-2018, 11:33 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: They only look similar. Their tastes are pretty different. I never liked Jalebi. Maybe it's because I never ate a good one but it was never for me.

I see. Well there are two types based on the sweetener usage like jaggery or sugar.
I never liked the jaggery type. I do like bajji too Grin

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-09-2018, 11:37 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I see. Well there are two types based on the sweetener usage like jaggery or sugar.
I never liked the jaggery type. I do like bajji too Grin

I eat it like once in a blue moon since it's a very oil heavy item, and I don't eat them a lot since they make me giddy. It's just that I lived in North India for a few years when I was a toddler and I never liked Jalebi even when I was in that age.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 12:39 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I eat it like once in a blue moon since it's a very oil heavy item, and I don't eat them a lot since they make me giddy. It's just that I lived in North India for a few years when I was a toddler and I never liked Jalebi even when I was in that age.
Well, that is the case and I wouldn't call that oily but rather that is pakam(sugar)
I didn't know that you used to live in North India. Over there they take roti most of the time

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 12:56 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well, that is the case and I wouldn't call that oily but rather that is pakam(sugar)
I didn't know that you used to live in North India. Over there they take roti most of the time

No No I was talking about Bajji in the first sentence. Bajji is an oily item.
I know I eat that a lot here too.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 01:02 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: No No I was talking about Bajji in the first sentence. Bajji is an oily item.
I know I eat that a lot here too.

Well, we do have a language barrier. I wasn't so sure whether it's called the same in Tamil or not. Yeah it's an oily item. I like it in Dhal. 
Instead of chips I prefer bajji.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-10-2018, 01:44 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well, we do have a language barrier. I wasn't so sure whether it's called the same in Tamil or not. Yeah it's an oily item. I like it in Dhal. 
Instead of chips I prefer bajji.

I see. Anyway, Telugu is not all that different from Tamil so more often than not we may end up having common words.
Yeah there are lots of Bajji shops here.