Winter 2018 Anime Round-up

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Now that Winter 2018 is over, here's some of the stuff I watched.

Anime of the season: Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho.

Here's how I'd rank everything I finished watching.
1. Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho: 4 high school girls try to go to Antarctica for various reasons. A very, very good coming-of-age adventure story, with great characters, dialogue, animation, visuals and drama. Here's my review: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2. Devilman Crybaby: Incredibly insane visuals with no holds barred when it comes to gore and nudity. Shallow side characters and sometimes rushed but incredibly entertaining. 
3. Violet Evergarden: About a girl named Violet who has no human emotions, and through writing letters for other people by pouring their emotions into it, she slowly develops feelings. For some people, the first six episodes can be boring, but it gets good from the 7th episode, and becomes better and better. The last 2 episodes could have been better. I for one enjoyed it from the beginning.
4. Darling in the FranXX: Mecha meets teen drama. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's sappy, and written in a cliched way.
5. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni: A nice take on forbidden romance between a man in his 40's and a 17 year old. Took a sharp left 2/3rds into the anime, and focused on their personal goals, and the shift didn't turn out to be quite as good.
6. Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody: Throwaway isekai anime you can watch if you don't want any high stakes or dramatic conflicts. Depending on your tastes it can either be chill or boring. It was somewhere in between for me.

Sequels I watched: Nanatsu no Taizai 2, Overlord 2, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen, Saiki Kusuo 2. If you liked season 1, you'll like these.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Risk
Pirate

I've seen both devilman crybaby and violet evergarden both were decent, I'm currently watching darling in the franxx and I have heard really good things about sora yori mo tooi basho and I want to watch it soon. As for the rest haven't really heard of them so I probably wont worry about them.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(04-19-2018, 02:20 AM)Risk Wrote: I've seen both devilman crybaby and violet evergarden both were decent, I'm currently watching darling in the franxx and I have heard really good things about sora yori mo tooi basho and I want to watch it soon. As for the rest haven't really heard of them so I probably wont worry about them.

Chill you can skip them, but Sora Yori is a must watch.
You haven't heard of the sequels(or their first seasons) I mentioned too?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Risk
Pirate

(04-19-2018, 03:19 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Chill you can skip them, but Sora Yori is a must watch.
You haven't heard of the sequels(or their first seasons) I mentioned too?

Yeah, I'll definetly be watching Sora Yori, as for the sequels I haven't seen them, I have heard saiki kusuo but im not a big fan of comedy animes but maybe one day.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(04-19-2018, 03:42 AM)Risk Wrote: Yeah, I'll definetly be watching Sora Yori, as for the sequels I haven't seen them, I have heard saiki kusuo but im not a big fan of comedy animes but maybe one day.

Saiki Kusuo is one of the better ones for sure.
And, Nanatsu no Taizai is called Seven Deadly Sings in English, and it's one of the premier shounen manga adaptations. You haven't heard of that too?

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

I haven't watched anything in that list. The first one looks interesting. Not everyone would like to go to such a cold place and it looks like it will be fun to watch

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Angel
Super Nova

i watched devilman crybaby at half but i won't be completing it as i don't like the prick who suggested it

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(04-19-2018, 10:06 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I haven't watched anything in that list. The first one looks interesting. Not everyone would like to go to such a cold place and it looks like it will be fun to watch

It's really fun. Like a lot.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(04-19-2018, 06:28 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: It's really fun. Like a lot.

Okay. Then I would definitely give you a try. For not, I will be adding it to my list.
I am watching chihayafuru with claraviolet. So may be after that, I will be watching this.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

I'm currently checking out Darling in the FranXX, without a doubt a Trigger production, still can't believe how they are going about this anime as far as mech controlling goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring 2018 Anime Round-up MadaraUchiha 14 222 08-08-2018, 02:38 AM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Upcoming anime of winter 2018 season BurnsyCEO 20 1,328 12-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha