Securing Zero-Post accounts: Make One Post

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

Hello,

We don't want spam account in our AMF. So, if your post count is "zero" or if you make spam posts, we will likely delete your account permanently.

So, if you want to secure your account in AMF, make at least "one quality non-spam" post.
Only then, your account will remain in AMF.

Other accounts will purge. We are not going to announce the purging beforehand from here on in. So, please don't contact us about your lost account.

-AMF Staff.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
ItachiSasuke
is my account secure now?
i want to give this forum a try before going back to using disqus Full

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(04-14-2015, 03:06 PM)ItachiSasuke Wrote: is my account secure now?

You account is secure...........And, as far as Disqus is concerned, it's good, but, sometimes, you may encounter minor glitches...........

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(04-14-2015, 03:06 PM)ItachiSasuke Wrote: is my account secure now?

Yes it is.
You made quality posts after all Grin

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

this is indeed a good idea.
i am glad that you people don't go with sheer numbers Cheers

Elvis
Rouge pirate

I'm gonna be honest. I disagree with the idea of deleting accounts with zero posts. The only reason why an admin would want to do that would be to make the database smaller if they had a small hosting account. But hosting resources are quite cheap and member accounts don't weight that much in the database. A few hundred accounts hardly weigh 1 GB of hosting space.

The benefit of keeping inactive accounts is that it gives the impression that the community has a lot of members when guests look at the statistics in the footer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(08-22-2015, 10:53 PM)alakazam Wrote: I'm gonna be honest. I disagree with the idea of deleting accounts with zero posts. The only reason why an admin would want to do that would be to make the database smaller if they had a small hosting account. But hosting resources are quite cheap and member accounts don't weight that much in the database. A few hundred accounts hardly weigh 1 GB of hosting space.

The benefit of keeping inactive accounts is that it gives the impression that the community has a lot of members when guests look at the statistics in the footer.

Sometimes it's better to clean up things before they get ugly. We have deleted 23k accounts before and we have deleted some hundreds of good accounts too.too . We are trying to do everything we can to provide our users with hood quality and clear statistics.

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(08-22-2015, 10:53 PM)alakazam Wrote: I'm gonna be honest. I disagree with the idea of deleting accounts with zero posts. The only reason why an admin would want to do that would be to make the database smaller if they had a small hosting account. But hosting resources are quite cheap and member accounts don't weight that much in the database. A few hundred accounts hardly weigh 1 GB of hosting space.

there are several good reasons to remove 0 post counts.

If you move DBs, every less MB is a time savor. Cleans up the board to remove the inactivity of it. To free up usernames. Make account hijacking less possible.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(08-23-2015, 01:49 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote:

If you move DBs, every less MB is a time savor. Cleans up the board to remove the inactivity of it. To free up usernames. Make account hijacking less possible.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't like my phone's autocorrect .

Elvis
Rouge pirate

(08-23-2015, 01:49 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote:

Yeah, but how often does one even move databases, and why? If you have a reliable web hosting company, you'll stay on the same server for years.

I don't believe in removing inactivity because inactivity can be the support for new activity. If a guest comes, looks at the forum stats and sees:

100,000 posts
10,000 members (even if some of them have zero posts, guests don't have any way of knowing that)

they will think, "wow, this forum is pretty active and the posts/members ratio seems good".

But if a guest sees:

100,000 posts
900 members

he'll say, "wow, this is just a place with a small group of people who post a lot".

See my line of reasoning?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deleted zero post accounts Star_Of_Hope 2 124 05-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Star_Of_Hope
  Zero post count accounts deletion Star_Of_Hope 19 4,089 03-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Star_Of_Hope
Star Deletion of zero post count accounts Star_Of_Hope 13 5,522 06-19-2015, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Sebastian
  Removal of glittery names and deletion of zero post accounts. Star_Of_Hope 1 1,106 06-19-2015, 04:01 AM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
Smile Deleting spam accounts as well as zero post count accounts Claraviolet 8 2,189 03-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha