Sleeping in trains

Angel
V.I.P. member

i sleep in most of the train journey that i do. i don't like staying awake and doing something with my phone.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

Honestly, I don't remember the last time, that I have been in a train.
I don't like trains all that much. I use buses to commute most of the time, sleeper class is a good choice.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

If I'm alone I sleep. If I'm with friends, I don't. And if I don't feel sleepy I listen to songs when I'm alone. I go by train everyday, and it's really boring and monotonous and you can't help but sleep.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-21-2018, 11:35 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: If I'm alone I sleep. If I'm with friends, I don't. And if I don't feel sleepy I listen to songs when I'm alone. I go by train everyday, and it's really boring and monotonous and you can't help but sleep.

Aren't trains too crowdy in India? I can't imagine using them daily.
I hope you could have some other transport provided by your college rather than taking a train daily.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(05-21-2018, 11:37 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Aren't trains too crowdy in India? I can't imagine using them daily.
I hope you could have some other transport provided by your college rather than taking a train daily.

Local trains in Chennai aren't all that crowded during early mornings and afternoons and that's when my timings are. Plus, I go by first class.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

Depends.
Travelling 20 stations before changing trains can be tiring sometimes, so I make sure to sleep a bit, but still keep my eyes in tact so I know when I arrive at the station I have to get out.

This becomes more difficult during rush hours, trains would get too crowded to even have the room to sleep at all (and I mean in a sitting position).

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-22-2018, 12:00 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Local trains in Chennai aren't all that crowded during early mornings and afternoons and that's when my timings are. Plus, I go by first class.

I have heard that first class is way expensive and you could get a plane ticket with that fare.
Well, is great that you enjoy your rides. 

(05-22-2018, 06:46 AM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: Depends.
Travelling 20 stations before changing trains can be tiring sometimes, so I make sure to sleep a bit, but still keep my eyes in tact so I know when I arrive at the station I have to get out.

This becomes more difficult during rush hours, trains would get too crowded to even have the room to sleep at all (and I mean in a sitting position).

I see. Japan trains are truly something. They are great to use and not so expensive when compared to other means of transportation.

テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

(05-22-2018, 10:12 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I have heard that first class is way expensive and you could get a plane ticket with that fare.
Well, is great that you enjoy your rides. 

I see. Japan trains are truly something. They are great to use and not so expensive when compared to other means of transportation.

Instead of "keep eyes in tact", I meant "keep ears in tact".
Oops! (;^ω^)

Additionally, trains over here are always on time.
So much so that you sometimes have to run like a maniac in order to hop on the next train on time.
Not an easy task at all during rush hours, when there's less than no space in trains, and people are still getting in.

But there are some stations that are quite holy, like Akihabara Station and Kasuga Station; 70% to 80% of the trains are draining away at these stations, usually creating some room to sit down.
But be quick, because by the time you notice an empty space on a bench, it might be already taken.

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(05-21-2018, 10:15 PM)SecretWish Wrote: i sleep in most of the train journey that i do. i don't like staying awake and doing something with my phone.

This is a text book example of what a character who misses their stop does in anime Tongue

Angel
V.I.P. member

(05-22-2018, 03:25 PM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: Instead of "keep eyes in tact", I meant "keep ears in tact".
Oops! (;^ω^)

Additionally, trains over here are always on time.
So much so that you sometimes have to run like a maniac in order to hop on the next train on time.
Not an easy task at all during rush hours, when there's less than no space in trains, and people are still getting in.

But there are some stations that are quite holy, like Akihabara Station and Kasuga Station; 70% to 80% of the trains are draining away at these stations, usually creating some room to sit down.
But be quick, because by the time you notice an empty space on a bench, it might be already taken.
that's good. waiting can be tiring. as long as they don't have too many technical difficulties that causes the train to stop, it's all good. and anime can be wrong

(05-22-2018, 05:04 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: This is a text book example of what a character who misses their stop does in anime Tongue

i never missed my stop

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 05:37 PM by Angel.)