Colors appropriate for light and dark themes

Nameless
Rouge pirate

What are the colors that I can use as my text color, for others to be able to read it, in light and dark themes? Red can be a good choice but are there any other colors?

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

kind of depends on the shade but I would say green or blue would be your best bet.

God

Anything that is not too bright or too light. Blue, red, pink, would be good for both light and dark themes and that go well with any shades

Angel
Super Nova

yellow could be a good choice but it wouldn't look good but just bright in both other themes

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

Honestly, I am not so sure. You should probably find it by trial. Use some color and see how it looks in both versions.
That would be for the best.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(05-17-2018, 09:59 PM)SecretWish Wrote: yellow could be a good choice but it wouldn't look good but just bright in both other themes

I've seen people try and use yellow on light themes, most of the time, its not a wise choice.

テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

Every single time I see amateur blogs with a bright yellow background and white text, I'm tempted to hit the designer right in the face.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM by テクニカル諏訪子.)

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-18-2018, 07:29 PM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: Every single time I see amateur blogs with a bright yellow background and white text, I'm tempted to hit the designer right in the face.

It's their personal preference? Is it not at all a good thing to have it?
I don't know much about these things.

テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

(05-18-2018, 08:29 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: It's their personal preference? Is it not at all a good thing to have it?
I don't know much about these things.

Just open a random image editing application, make the background very bright yellow, and type text in white letters.
Will you be able to even read that at all?

That's what I mean!

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-18-2018, 09:06 PM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: Just open a random image editing application, make the background very bright yellow, and type text in white letters.
Will you be able to even read that at all?

That's what I mean!

Hmm.
. Guess I have been thinking of a rather dark Yellow and white letters which are fairly visible.