Akatsuki

Threads 6,368 Threads
12 New Today
0 Unapproved
PHP Version 5.4.45 Posts 76,582 Posts
177 New Today
0 Unapproved
5 Reported Posts

That's our statistics according to the server. Our plug-in data is different. It said 42 posts are posted for today.
So, what do you guys prefer?
Resetting the stats at a set time or calculating the stats for the last 24 hours at the given time?

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Angel
Super Nova

76582 posts isn't our count? are you talking about this forum or some other forum? i will say resetting at some point would be better

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

Thank you secret wish. I hope others would reply without tag. Is really difficult to tag each and everyone when I need some inputs.

Mansi14
Tenshi

What kind of difference exactly will that make?

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-26-2018, 07:09 AM)Mansi14 Wrote: What kind of difference exactly will that make?

To keep people motivated and to show off for newbies that we are not a dead forum.
It's important that people see us as an active community.

テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

Be reminded that PHP version 5.4 is a version that's long discontinued.
Currently only 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2, though 5.6 and 7.0 are expected to be deprecated in December.

I understand that this is a shared hosting and therefore nothing much can be done by ourselves about this, but too many other people won't understand that, and might still be like "oh, this place is abandoned" if they're technical enough.

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako
Mansi14
Tenshi

(05-26-2018, 10:53 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: To keep people motivated and to show off for newbies that we are not a dead forum.
It's important that people see us as an active community.

Nei I meant, what difference would it make when we either reset the stats at fixed timing or calculate for 24 hours at the given time. They sound pretty much same (._.)

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-26-2018, 11:41 AM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: Be reminded that PHP version 5.4 is a version that's long discontinued.
Currently only 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2, though 5.6 and 7.0 are expected to be deprecated in December.

I understand that this is a shared hosting and therefore nothing much can be done by ourselves about this, but too many other people won't understand that, and might still be like "oh, this place is abandoned" if they're technical enough.

Well, we would like to use something, that's not a small business and at that time Clara was able to do payment only with GoDaddy. We didn't have a credit card back then

テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

(05-26-2018, 12:16 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well, we would like to use something, that's not a small business and at that time Clara was able to do payment only with GoDaddy. We didn't have a credit card back then

No need to explain, I already know the back story.
I can offer hosting, I'm looking for customers any way, but I'm far from a big business.
Furthermore, I cannot provide FTP access (when I tried to make it possible, I almost lost my server access entirely, luckily I still had an SSH section open, so I could fix it).
And the server is located in Osaka, Japan, which is really speedy when accessed from here, but could possibly be slow when accessed from Europe or east coast America.

For reference:
Quote:[[email protected] ~]# php -v
PHP 7.1.16 (cli) (built: Mar 28 2018 13:19:29) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright © 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
   with Zend OPcache v7.1.16, Copyright © 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

[[email protected] ~]# mysql --version
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.14-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

[[email protected] ~]# nginx -v
nginx version: nginx/1.12.2

[[email protected] ~]#
I too need to update the server again, but as long as nothing breaks, I think it's fine as is.

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-26-2018, 02:50 PM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: No need to explain, I already know the back story.
I can offer hosting, I'm looking for customers any way, but I'm far from a big business.
Furthermore, I cannot provide FTP access (when I tried to make it possible, I almost lost my server access entirely, luckily I still had an SSH section open, so I could fix it).
And the server is located in Osaka, Japan, which is really speedy when accessed from here, but could possibly be slow when accessed from Europe or east coast America.

For reference:
I too need to update the server again, but as long as nothing breaks, I think it's fine as is.

Well, I don't get much what you are trying to say but hopefully your business while bloom in no time at all.
Good luck with it