New Anime Sequels Announced

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

A lot of anime sequels have been announced in the past 2-3 weeks. Here's a few I recall:
Mob Psycho 100 season 2
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka season 2
Chihayafuru season 3
Ultimate Survivor Kaiji Spin-off
Psycho-Pass movie trilogy

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
BurnsyCEO
Tenshi

Whats psycho pass movie trilogy? Continuation of the story or side story?

[Image: nZtVY7G.gif]
Sindar
Retired Staff

Mob Psycho 100 season 2 sounds interesting. Especially since it would be an adaptation of the same manga, so the quality has no reason to go down. Psycho Pass, sounds great too, though I am still behind of watching the second season ^^'

Have anyone here seen Ultimate Survivor Kaiji by the way?

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

Mob psycho 100 season 2 is already in my list and I am waiting for them to air it. Never heard of this Kaiji or did I? What's it about?

SecretWish
Rouge pirate

(03-19-2018, 05:39 AM)Sindar Wrote: Mob Psycho 100 season 2 sounds interesting. Especially since it would be an adaptation of the same manga, so the quality has no reason to go down. Psycho Pass, sounds great too, though I am still behind of watching the second season ^^'

Have anyone here seen Ultimate Survivor Kaiji by the way?

many of us watched the first season and it's relatively good. if you liked one punch man, then this is the anime for you

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

Have not watched any of those, the fact they are getting more means I'll just put them off till they are fully complete.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(03-19-2018, 02:44 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I'm actually not sure whether it's a continuation or a side story, but each movie focuses on two characters(details in the link), so all three are gonna be stand-alone, probably.
Did you watch the 2015 Psycho-Pass movie?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
BurnsyCEO
Tenshi

[quote pid='88656' dateline='1521450610']

Here's everything you need to know:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I'm actually not sure whether it's a continuation or a side story, but each movie focuses on two characters(details in the link), so all three are gonna be stand-alone, probably.
[/quote]

I didn't watch anymore than the first season.

[Image: nZtVY7G.gif]
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(03-20-2018, 01:37 AM)BurnsyCEO Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I didn't watch anymore than the first season.
[/quote]

Second season is really disappointing(as you may have already heard), so you may as well skip it.

Sindar
Retired Staff

(03-19-2018, 02:02 PM)SecretWish Wrote: many of us watched the first season and it's relatively good. if you liked one punch man, then this is the anime for you

I've seen Mob Psycho too =)

(03-19-2018, 07:10 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Mob Psycho is basically Sakuga the anime(just like One Punch Man). Each episode has one or two long sequences of Sakuga that last for at least a few minutes. And, the Opening for the anime is probably the best Bones has ever made(yes, better than even FMAB's openings), and is probably in my top 5 openings of all time. It's named '99'.

The second season just wasn't worth it. Urobuchi Gen didn't return to write, and it's pretty apparent. I'd probably recommend skipping it.

I haven't, but I've been looking forward to watching it for a long time, especially after I watched One Outs(which is directed by the same guy who did Kaiji). I'll probably watch it in June or July. It's 52 episodes though(2 seasons), so that's going to take a lot of time.

Yeah it was pretty good. The simplistic designs helped the animation a lot too. I really enjoyed the visuals in that one =) The opening is great too, you are right. I still sometimes listen to that song.

It is kinda interesting that you compare it to One Punch Man. True, that anime has a lot of great names behind it and there are like a few dozens great sakuga sequences, but if I wasn't reading a blog for sakuga nerds I'd never thought of One Punch Man as of a great example of high quality animation. It is good, sure, but something like Flip Flappers is way more impressive (I think), and that is like, just an anime I happened to watch, there are probably way more good examples of dynamic animation.

Really? I have high expectation for the second season of Psych Pass... Shaurya recommended it, though since she didn't want to spoil it for me I don't really know much about it or how much she liked it.

Kaiji is an adaptation of a manga with a strong fanbase, right? I'd expect the story to be good, at least. The visuals are a little scary though : D

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2018, 03:38 AM by Sindar.)