Vinland Saga

Ace
Retired Staff

As Always with my simple reviews It's MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION

Manga Name: Vinland Saga

Source: Manga Rock

Ranking: 248

Genres: Action, Seinen, Adventure, Drama, and Historical.

Update Rate: Fairly poor, It's been a month since the last chapter unfortunately

Description:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorfinn, son of one of the Vikings' greatest warriors, is among the finest fighters in the merry band of mercenaries run by the cunning Askeladd, an impressive feat for a person his age. However, Thorfinn is not part of the group for the plunder it entails—instead, for having caused his family great tragedy, the boy has vowed to kill Askeladd in a fair duel. Not yet skilled enough to defeat him, but unable to abandon his vengeance, Thorfinn spends his boyhood with the mercenary crew, honing his skills on the battlefield among the war-loving Danes, where killing is just another pleasure of life.

One day, when Askeladd receives word that Danish prince Canute has been taken hostage, he hatches an ambitious plot—one that will decide the next King of England and drastically alter the lives of Thorfinn, Canute, and himself. Set in 11th century Europe, Vinland Saga tells a bloody epic in an era where violence, madness, and injustice are inescapable, providing a paradise for the battle-crazed and utter hell for the rest who live in it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Opinions: [Sidenote: This manga was mentioned in an extra page by Eiichiro Oda in One Piece Stating that some of his character designs were inspired by Vinland Saga and transferred into One Piece. I would look for the specific page but there's too many to go through sorry. You'll have to take my word on it.]

In regards to the story, I have nothing but respect as it progresses nicely but slowly. The character design is wonderful their backstories are well developed The artwork isn't 100% To my liking as it's quite realistic but that's a personal opinion.

[ ] Manga complete?
[/] Great Art?
[x] Stunning storyline?
[x] Fantastic Character design?

I rate it 8.5/10 due to the incomplete story. this may change in the future. also, half point removed for Art.

Artworks:

[Image: 0379c3bf9f96e217705fb86c17a9b04a.jpg]
[Image: 66ea0b801991c0cb8d689cc32f857d9a.jpg]
[Image: 29cdaadbd6af2bd1e9b6bd2a77078bd2.png]

[Image: b8d013dffb.png]
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

Looks interesting. It's rare to see historical manga these days. I will add it to my list for now.
Thanks for sharing this Ace

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

Usually these types of manga tend to be rather interesting to read. I'll keep it in mind and does this have a anime yet?

Angel
Super Nova

Only popular manga get anime. This manga might not have an anime as it's new

Nameless
Rouge pirate

How many chapters are there in this manga? If the count is less than 100, I will read this for sure

Ace
Retired Staff

(02-02-2018, 01:39 PM)KuranKaname Wrote: How many chapters are there in this manga? If the count is less than 100, I will read this for sure

I forgot to add that in the post it's at 147

Nameless
Rouge pirate

(02-02-2018, 01:49 PM)Ace Wrote: I forgot to add that in the post it's at 147

That's a long anime and it's Soo ongoing. I would never be able to complete it so I won't pick it up

Ace
Retired Staff

(02-02-2018, 01:51 PM)KuranKaname Wrote: That's a long anime and it's Soo ongoing. I would never be able to complete it so I won't pick it up

It's a manga I. Can't remember if. It's an anime or not sorry

Nameless
Rouge pirate

(02-02-2018, 02:04 PM)Ace Wrote: It's a manga I. Can't remember if. It's an anime or not sorry

Don't you watch anime at all? Anime covers more story and it's detailed and you don't have to use your fingers for scrolling so many times or navigate between chapters.

Ace
Retired Staff

(02-04-2018, 04:04 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: Don't you watch anime at all? Anime covers more story and it's detailed and you don't have to use your fingers for scrolling so many times or navigate between chapters.

i find the anime is less detailed than the manga, i prefer reading.