Distrastrous Life of Saiki Kusuo Review

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Anime Review: The Disastrous Life of Saiki Kusuo(AKA Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan)

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Supernatural

Number of Episodes:
Version 1: 120 episodes, each 5 minutes(short episode).
Version 2: 24 episodes, each 25 minutes and containing 5 shorts.

MAL Info: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

TL;DR This is a great anime, and each short is amazing, funny, witty, ad entertaining. Go watch it immediately.

Review:
The major strength of Saiku Kusuo is the dialogue. It's really fast-paced, and snappy, and is mostly about Saiki making observations about the absurdities of the humans surrounding him, interspersed with clever usage of his psychic powers. And, he is literally a God with a wide variety of powers, so, watching him use his powers is really entertaining. He's someone who doesn't want to stand out, and often, the anime tests him to his limits. It's also very meta, making observations on various genre tropes. Almost all the characters are quirky, and like-able. The animation and art are your standard stuff, and pleasing. The voice acting is very good too. Just a heads-up, sometimes it may be a bit too fast, so be prepared to keep up with the subs.

Score: I'd give it somewhere between 8.5/10 and 9/10

PS: Season 2 starts in January, and is gonna have 24 episodes, with the normal 25 minute run-time.
MAL Info for Season 2: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

It's a good anime. I remember the cat episode and the way it places itself above humans. This is a really entertaining anime

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 06:28 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: It's a good anime. I remember the cat episode and the way it places itself above humans. This is a really entertaining anime

Yeah, and I'm really surprised about how it's not as popular as other popular shounen anime. Everyone who's watched it liked it, it's an adapation of a shounen Jump manga, and it's genuinely good.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 06:46 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yeah, and I'm really surprised about how it's not as popular as other popular shounen anime. Everyone who's watched it liked it, it's an adapation of a shounen Jump manga, and it's genuinely good.

Well in our family me and Clara never liked it but shaurya love that anime. She can rewatch every episode any number of times. I have dropped it

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 06:47 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: Well in our family me and Clara never liked it but shaurya love that anime. She can rewatch every episode any number of times. I have dropped it

Oh, Clara said she liked Saiki Kusuo a lot. You didn't like it?

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 06:50 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Oh, Clara said she liked Saiki Kusuo a lot. You didn't like it?

I was talking about gintama. I should have mentioned that in my post. Seiki is a good and entertaining anime

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 07:04 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I was talking about gintama. I should have mentioned that in my post. Seiki is a good and entertaining anime

Oh. I was talking about Saiki Kusuo there, and not Gintama. I know that you both don't like it.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 07:46 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Oh. I was talking about Saiki Kusuo there, and not Gintama. I know that you both don't like it.

I see. I didn't think I had expressed my dislike towards gintama earlier. 
Gintama is too much for anything... Jokes, plot and such

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 07:51 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: I see. I didn't think I had expressed my dislike towards gintama earlier. 
Gintama is too much for anything... Jokes, plot and such

Either you or Clara mentioned it, I think. I'm liking it so far, but it's nothing 'great', as fans seem to indicate. I am enjoying it, though.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(01-19-2018, 07:54 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Either you or Clara mentioned it, I think. I'm liking it so far, but it's nothing 'great', as fans seem to indicate. I am enjoying it, though.

If it's comedy element then saiki kusuo executed it way better than gintama. Gintama is extreme in every sense