A Naruto Kai

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

Much like how DBZ had a kai version which cut down on the filler and redid some animation, would you want to see the same treatment for the Shippuden series?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

A bunch of people created Naruto Kai, and the first 50 or episodes ended up in the subreddit r/Naruto and people from there carried on the task.
Here's the link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

It has 70 episodes and covers till chapter 680, I believe. I haven't watched it, and the editing may be amateur, but give it a go.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(01-14-2018, 07:55 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

It has 70 episodes and covers till chapter 680, I believe. I haven't watched it, and the editing may be amateur, but give it a go.

thanks for the link, though part 1 doesn't really need a kai version. Shippuden needs a lot of love and a lot of new animation/artwork.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-15-2018, 05:25 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: thanks for the link, though part 1 doesn't really need a kai version. Shippuden needs a lot of love and a lot of new animation/artwork.

I think the action scenes don't need any improvement, they are very good, in my opinion. Flashback scenes need to be cut out. There's a ton of them.
I'd say improvement in animation needs to be done in the War arc. It's very very inconsistent. It's like beyond amazing at some instances(Madara's intro, Kakashi vs Obito, etc.,), and pretty bad at other times.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(01-15-2018, 06:41 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I think the action scenes don't need any improvement, they are very good, in my opinion. Flashback scenes need to be cut out. There's a ton of them.
I'd say improvement in animation needs to be done in the War arc. It's very very inconsistent. It's like beyond amazing at some instances(Madara's intro, Kakashi vs Obito, etc.,), and pretty bad at other times.

I know in the first battle with Garra vs deidara the animation didn't look rather good. Then there is the infamous ep 167 aka looney toons...

Also I wouldn't mind if they changed the battles to how they are portrayed in the storm games, which did them a lot better justice than in manga/anime.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-16-2018, 05:24 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: I know in the first battle with Garra vs deidara the animation didn't look rather good. Then there is the infamous ep 167 aka looney toons...

Also I wouldn't mind if they changed the battles to how they are portrayed in the storm games, which did them a lot better justice than in manga/anime.

Well, the looney toons episode(or the entire pein arc) is not a case of bad animation but bad direction. The animation in that is actually pretty amazing.
But yeah, the first arc kinda dragged for me in Shippuuden. However, I really liked the Itachi Pursuit arc.

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

Never heard of this. I won't watch it as I have already watched the original version.

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(01-16-2018, 05:41 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Well, the looney toons episode(or the entire pein arc) is not a case of bad animation but bad direction. The animation in that is actually pretty amazing.
But yeah, the first arc kinda dragged for me in Shippuuden. However, I really liked the Itachi Pursuit arc.

for the first half, I guess in its own way it is good but not what anyone was expecting of such an epic fight. Second half though was awesome, wish they went that route for the first half.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-18-2018, 05:09 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: for the first half, I guess in its own way it is good but not what anyone was expecting of such an epic fight. Second half though was awesome, wish they went that route for the first half.

It still has some great moments, like when Pein unleashes the Shinra Tensei and destroys Konoha, when Naruto returns from Mount Myoboku, etc. But yeah, I always felt that the Pein arc was inferior to the preceding Itachi Pursuit arc.

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(01-18-2018, 06:37 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Most of the time you have to pause a video to see something like that, not in ep 167.

and of course this is how it [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 05:26 PM by Demon_skeith.)