FLCL Anime

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

So, I just finished watching FLCL. It's a 6 episode long original series. 
It's a coming of age story and is about puberty, acceptance, etc. But, it's also pretty insane. I mean, in terms of visuals alone, it's probably the most insane thing I've ever watched, and not even Kill la Kill comes close.
I suggest watching the dub, because there's so much going on and if your attention is diverted to the bottom of the screen you'll miss out on a lot.

MAL Link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Trailer:

Plot:
Naota is a normal Japanese 6th grade boy (although a little cynical), but when his older brother leaves for America to play baseball, his brother leaves his 17 year old girlfriend Mamimi behind. Mamimi is sending mixed signals and advances to Naota, and he doesn't know what to do about her. But to make matters worse, Naota's world is totally turned upside down when he is run over by a woman named Haruoko, on a Vespa. During their first encounter, she hits him over the head with her guitar, which then causes a horn to grow out of his forehead and her presence changes Naota's life to even further insanity.

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Parody, Dementia, Mecha

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

A horn to grow out of his head?
I don't think I would enjoy watching this but that concept right there, looks interesting.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: A horn to grow out of his head?
I don't think I would enjoy watching this but that concept right there, looks interesting.

It is extremely interesting. Even if you don't like it, it's visually batshit crazy.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

You would be right in saying you finished watching this, except that we will be getting two more seasons of FLCL this year. Not sure if that will be a good thing, but if they are anything like the first season we're in for a long trippy ride.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-03-2018, 06:25 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: You would be right in saying you finished watching this, except that we will be getting two more seasons of FLCL this year. Not sure if that will be a good thing, but if they are anything like the first season we're in for a long trippy ride.

I watched this because of that very reason.

KuranKaname
Pirate

That's another type of incest.
People shouldn't do that. Anime is bold to make us see that

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(01-04-2018, 01:06 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: That's another type of incest.
People shouldn't do that. Anime is bold to make us see that

Incest? Incest how exactly? There is none in this anime, despite how wild it is.

Risk

I also had to watch this in dub just to keep up but also so I could focus on what was going on. It was hard to follow along and it didn't really make sense to be but I stuck around for the cool music and just read an explanation and pieced it together after I finished it.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(01-11-2018, 03:20 AM)Risk Wrote: I also had to watch this in dub just to keep up but also so I could focus on what was going on. It was hard to follow along and it didn't really make sense to be but I stuck around for the cool music and just read an explanation and pieced it together after I finished it.

As I mentioned, I watched it in dub too. I usually browse reddit and mal before watching an anime to know what I'm getting into, and a lot of people suggested to watch it in dub.
The music was very, very good, yes.
I kinda pieced it together, but I required an explanation for a complete understanding too.
I suppose a re-watch would have helped to form it on our own, but I stopped doing re-watches.

Risk

(01-11-2018, 04:02 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: As I mentioned, I watched it in dub too. I usually browse reddit and mal before watching an anime to know what I'm getting into, and a lot of people suggested to watch it in dub.
The music was very, very good, yes.
I kinda pieced it together, but I required an explanation for a complete understanding too.
I suppose a re-watch would have helped to form it on our own, but I stopped doing re-watches.

Not a huge fan of re-watching unless I really like the show and it has been a while and I only usually do it to recap my self for a new season plus I've only done it a few times. I might just watch a video or two on YouTube about it before beginning the new seasons when they finally come out.