Anime's Roots in Japan

jyy

When did anime begin there?  When did it become popular?  How did it seep out to the west?  What do you feel is unique about anime - making it appealing to Japanese and westerners?

Nameless
Rouge pirate

I think it's popular from old times. right from the second world war.

jyy

(11-14-2017, 02:45 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: I think it's popular from old times. right from the second world war.

Probably so, but I think it exploded, at least in the west, when all the karate stuff became popular, stuff like, The Karate Kid, Bruce Lee Movies etc..  Anyway, I'm sure the internet was the biggest boost, but I could be wrong.   I mean, comic books have always been a popular niche.

Angel
Super Nova

(04-07-2018, 12:16 PM)jyy Wrote: Probably so, but I think it exploded, at least in the west, when all the karate stuff became popular, stuff like, The Karate Kid, Bruce Lee Movies etc..  Anyway, I'm sure the internet was the biggest boost, but I could be wrong.   I mean, comic books have always been a popular niche.

are you new here? i haven't you seen you here before. but you got so many posts. so it's welcome back. internet is the one thing that made anime so popular

jyy

(04-07-2018, 12:49 PM)SecretWish Wrote: are you new here? i haven't you seen you here before. but you got so many posts. so it's welcome back. internet is the one thing that made anime so popular

Not new here.  But been busy on some other stuff.

Angel
Super Nova

(04-07-2018, 12:54 PM)jyy Wrote: Not new here.  But been busy on some other stuff.

i like seeing new faces and you know this community, they always welcome anyone . that's why i am still here.
drop by often. what's your favorite anime?