2D Computer Anime Creation

jyy

Does anyone mess around with stuff like comic creator programs, Photoshop and the like when creating anime?  Does anyone know of good YouTube videos on the subject?

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

I did mess around with it a year or two ago out of boredom. I found it a bit hard so I didn't get far with it.

jyy

I certainly don't like 2D anything cause I can't draw or paint.  That's why I like 3D stuff.  However, it would be a lot cooler if I could do 2D - cause I could make scenes etc. a billion times faster and cheaper.

Sindar
Retired Staff

(12-09-2017, 08:48 PM)jyy Wrote: I certainly don't like 2D anything cause I can't draw or paint.  That's why I like 3D stuff.  However, it would be a lot cooler if I could do 2D - cause I could make scenes etc. a billion times faster and cheaper.
Quality 2d animation is often more time intensive (hence more expensive to make) to make than the usual 3d-2d mix you see in modern animation.

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

I have never done that and I don't want to, as am not into it.
It is hard as far as I know

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
jyy

(12-09-2017, 10:06 PM)Sindar Wrote: Quality 2d animation is often more time intensive (hence more expensive to make) to make than the usual 3d-2d mix you see in modern animation.

Don't get me wrong, though, 3D and animation can be massively difficult still yet.

Nameless
Rouge pirate

(12-20-2017, 12:28 PM)jyy Wrote: Don't get me wrong, though, 3D and animation can be massively difficult still yet.

There are Anime with heavy cgi like ajin, good eaters.
If you like animation, watch them

jyy

I'm thinking anime is easier to draw.  I mean, the faces aren't as complex as with other types.  But, I could be mistaken on this!

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2018, 03:30 PM by jyy.)

テクニカル諏訪子
Retired Staff

I have Clip Studio Paint, which is the same tool professional manga artists use too.
I got it as part of the Pixiv Sensei programme, which I'm casually following.

ケロケロ。

Username in English: Technical Suwako
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

(05-19-2018, 05:44 PM)テクニカル諏訪子 Wrote: I have Clip Studio Paint, which is the same tool professional manga artists use too.
I got it as part of the Pixiv Sensei programme, which I'm casually following.

Do you draw manga Technical suwako? I am not aware of it at all. We used to have a person who used to draw manga here but he left ages ago

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]