Thor Ragnarok Review

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Thor: Ragnarok(2017) Movie Review

Genre: Fantasy, Superhero

While I always liked Thor as a character, I've never been a fan of Thor's solo movies, Thor and Thor: The Dark World. But, I was looking forward to watching this because the trailers really impressed me. I saw this movie on 03/11/2017.

Plot:
Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok—the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization—at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger—the Incredible Hulk! 

Review:
This is one of the funniest movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's entertaining from start to finish. It's colourful, action-packed and fast-paced. The music was also very good. The visuals are really rich, and not bland, like other movies in the MCU. The only negative I have is that the movie is not serious when it has to be. But other than that, it's well-acted, funny, entertaining.

Score: 8/10.

Trailer:

Watch all the entries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, before watching this, namely:
Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk(optional), Iron Man 2, Thor(mandatory), Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World(mandatory), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Kamikaze
Retired Staff

I'm gonna be watching this movie tonight. And from the reviews, it look's good.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

If my memory serves right... Isn't it the end of the world in Christianity? Like our yugantam....

[Image: YqKb33u.png?1]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Kamikaze
Retired Staff

Just finished watching the movie. It was awesome but I do share your criticism. The humour was great, not corny or cheesy at all. But I do feel like there was a bit too much of it, although close to the end, there wasn't as much. That's about it.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(11-04-2017, 05:03 PM)Kamikaze Wrote: Just finished watching the movie. It was awesome but I do share your criticism. The humour was great, not corny or cheesy at all. But I do feel like there was a bit too much of it, although close to the end, there wasn't as much. That's about it.

Did you watch the mid and post credit scenes?

(11-04-2017, 03:10 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: If my memory serves right... Isn't it the end of the world in Christianity? Like our yugantam....

No, it's in Norse Mythology. Supposed to end the lives of major figures in Norse Mythology, like Thor, Odin, Loki, all of whom appear in this movie. 
And the correct term in our religion is Pralayam but yeah, I guess Yugantam kind of counts too.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Kamikaze
Retired Staff

(11-04-2017, 08:36 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Did you watch the mid and post credit scenes?

Yeah, intense shit is about to go down. That's all I'll say so I don't spoil too much lol.

fords8

Wife and I are thinking about going to see this. If we get the time that is.