Hindi learning thread

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

Yo [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] chan...this would be out thread to learn.

Ye biryani ke paise 80 hai, mei .....

Uh...damn....I am supposed to say, I bought this biryani yesterday and it was 80 not 75.
So....any idea how to form a sentence for this?

[Image: YqKb33u.png?1]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Kamikaze
Retired Staff

(10-19-2017, 03:15 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] chan...this would be out thread to learn.

Ye biryani ke paise 80 hai, mei .....

Uh...damn....I am supposed to say, I bought this biryani yesterday and it was 80 not 75.
So....any idea how to form a sentence for this?

Hello Claraviolet, Ap kese ho? 

Hmm I'll try. So it'll go sometime like, kaal mehne biryani kareeda tah aur wo biryaani $80 ka taa, $75 nahin tah. 

Sorry, I'm not used to spelling hindi/urdu in english letters so it might not look clear initially.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-19-2017, 01:42 PM)Kamikaze Wrote: Hello Claraviolet, Ap kese ho? 

Hmm I'll try. So it'll go sometime like, kaal mehne biryani kareeda tah aur wo biryaani $80 ka taa, $75 nahin tah. 

Sorry, I'm not used to spelling hindi/urdu in english letters so it might not look clear initially.

Mei acha Hui. Keiso ho thum? By the way I don't need AP I guess >>
Wo sentence sahi Tha. Dhanyavad Kamikaze chan.

BurnsyCEO
NBF member

Holy shit I thought my hindi was bad.

[Image: nZtVY7G.gif]
Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-19-2017, 03:14 PM)BurnsyCEO Wrote: Holy shit I thought my hindi was bad.

Chup raho... It's been 6 years since I have said something in Hindi. So I am learning here. Baka toddler. If you got something to say, use Hindi here. Apparently you are good at it after all

Kamikaze
Retired Staff

(10-19-2017, 02:27 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: Mei acha Hui. Keiso ho thum? By the way I don't need AP I guess >>
Wo sentence sahi Tha. Dhanyavad Kamikaze chan.

Me thik hu. Tongue 

You can call me Faizan if you want. That's my real name lol. Talking in hindi and saying my username sounds a bit weird lol. 

Yeah I just say Ap cause I usually speak in hindi/urdu around adults lol, where u have to be formal to an extent. So I got used to saying it, rather than saying "tum"

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-19-2017, 04:37 PM)Kamikaze Wrote: Me thik hu. Tongue 

You can call me Faizan if you want. That's my real name lol. Talking in hindi and saying my username sounds a bit weird lol. 

Yeah I just say Ap cause I usually speak in hindi/urdu around adults lol, where u have to be formal to an extent. So I got used to saying it, rather than saying "tum"

Tum is also used for respect. It's different from tu... So...... I don't mind aap too ^^

Kamikaze
Retired Staff

(10-19-2017, 04:42 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: Tum is also used for respect. It's different from tu... So...... I don't mind aap too ^^

Hmm interesting, I didn't know that. My parents always said that tum and tu was somewhat informal. like it's okay to use with friends but not around older adult you'd have to show respect for.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-19-2017, 04:46 PM)Kamikaze Wrote: Hmm interesting, I didn't know that. My parents always said that tum and tu was somewhat informal. like it's okay to use with friends but not around older adult you'd have to show respect for.

Tu is informal but not Tum. Aap of like atmost respect.

. So.... May be you are dealing with really old people till now.
Hello faizan, mera naam Sneha Hai ^^

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-19-2017, 04:42 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: Tum is also used for respect. It's different from tu... So...... I don't mind aap too ^^

Is it? Aap is the word used in a formal sense. Tum is used in a context of familiarity.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."