Manga vs Incomplete Anime Stuff

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

This is a thread useful for people who want to pick up the manga of an anime that has gotten over before fully adapting it. I've mostly ignored anime that are either on-going, or those that have completely adapted their source material Manga. That eliminates anime like Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Kuroko no Basuke.
I may include anime that have confirmed/potential future seasons, like Haikyuu!! or Fairy Tail.
Episode count is distributed in brackets if the anime is divided into seasons.
Chapter count is not specified if the manga is still on-going.

NOTE: <=> means the corresponding chapter in the manga the final episode of the anime adapted. It is recommended to read from that chapter, or one chapter before or after the specificed chapter, unless it's recommended to do something else, like in the case of SOUL EATER.

Akatsuki no Yona:
Episode 24<=>Chapter 47
Episode Count: 24
Chapter Count: ?? On-going.

Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin):
Episode 37(Season 2 Episode 12)<=>Chapter 50
Episode Count: 37(25+12)
Chapter Count: ?? On-going
Note: Attack on Titan is a monthly manga.

Beelzebub:
Episode 51/52<=>Chapter 115
Episode Count: 60
Chapter Count: 250
Fillers: 11-15, 17, 27-28, 34, 39, 49, 52-57.

Bleach:
Episode 366<=>Chapter 479
Episode Count: 366
Chapter Count: 705
Fillers: 33, 50, 64-109, 128-137, 147-149, 168-190, 204-205, 213-214, 228-266, 287, 298-299, 303-305, 311-342, 355.

Boku no Hero Academia(My Hero Academia):
Episode 38(Season 2 Episode 25)<=>Chapter 69
Episode Count: 38(13+25)
Season 3 confirmed for 2018.

Fairy Tail:
Episode 277(released as of now)<=>Chapter 419
Episode Count:
Fairy Tail: 175
Fairy Tail(2014): 176-277(1-102)
Fairy Tail Zero: 266-275<=>Chapter 1-13 of Fairy Tail Zero Manga
Chapter Count: 545
Fillers: 9, 19-20, 49-50, 69-75, 125-150, 202-226, 246, 256, 268
Future Anime Season Confirmed: Fairy Tail(2018)<=>Will Cover Chapters 420 to 545.

Haikyuu!!:
Episode 60(Season 3 Episode 10)<=>Chapter 189/190
Episode Count: 60(25+25+10)
Possible Season 4 in the future.

Hunter x Hunter(2011):
Episode 148<=>Chapter 339
Episode Count: 148
Chapter Count: 370, Currently on Hiatus
Fillers: 13, 26.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
Episode 203<=>Chapter 282
Episode Count: 203
Chapter Count: 411
Fillers: 56, 97, 119, 142-153, 178-189.

Shokugeki no Souma(Food Wars!):
Episode 37<=>Chapter 117
Episode Count: 37
Season 3 currently on-going, from October 4, 2017 and will have 24 episodes.
Note: Season 2 OVA Episode 2 covers Chapter 118.

Soul Eater:
Episode 38<=>Chapter 37/38/39
Episode Count: 51
Chapter Count: 113
Recommended to read from Chapter 31
Fillers: 17, 39-51
Note: Soul Eater was a monthly manga.

PS: Suggest if you want to add another item.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

Whoa...good job ma-chan ^^
Would you mind adding information about tokyo ghoul too?

[Image: YqKb33u.png?1]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 02:46 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: Whoa...good job ma-chan ^^
Would you mind adding information about tokyo ghoul too?

Yeah, cool. Did you finish both the seasons?

By the way, I searched a bit. Season 1 adapted 66 chapters, but ignored a lot of stuff.
Season 2(Root A), apparently butchered the manga, and was mostly original content. So, can't really give an answer. You have any other anime?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 03:33 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yeah, cool. Did you finish both the seasons?

By the way, I searched a bit. Season 1 adapted 66 chapters, but ignored a lot of stuff.
Season 2(Root A), apparently butchered the manga, and was mostly original content. So, can't really give an answer. You have any other anime?

Yup. I did. It's an okay anime. Looks like I will have to start from the beginning.
Well, I would like to read kuroko no basuke

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 03:37 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: Yup. I did. It's an okay anime. Looks like I will have to start from the beginning.
Well, I would like to read kuroko no basuke

But, Kuroko no Basuke is a very faithful adaptation of the manga, from what I searched.
It's better for you to read Tokyo Ghoul. It's just 144 chapters. Though, it does have a sequel, called Tokyo Ghoul: Re, which began in 2014, and is still on-going.

I watched season 1, and it was fine, I guess. Not a huge fan. However, I didn't like season 2, at all. I put it on-hold at episode 7, and didn't continue it ever since.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 03:49 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: But, Kuroko no Basuke is a very faithful adaptation of the manga, from what I searched.
It's better for you to read Tokyo Ghoul. It's just 144 chapters. Though, it does have a sequel, called Tokyo Ghoul: Re, which began in 2014, and is still on-going.

I watched season 1, and it was fine, I guess. Not a huge fan. However, I didn't like season 2, at all. I put it on-hold at episode 7, and didn't continue it ever since.

Oh...I see. I liked the story but not the blood ._.
I really wouldn't want to watch it again. My stupid sis got me the uncensored version.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 03:51 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: Oh...I see. I liked the story but not the blood ._.
I really wouldn't want to watch it again. My stupid sis got me the uncensored version.

I hope you are talking about Tokyo Ghoul and not Kuroko no Basuke.
Oh. The manga apparently had more gore than the censored version, so, the uncensored version is probably more faithful to the manga's tone.

Sindar
Akatsuki

Wow, nice work, with fillers and everything! Of course, there are hundreds of those, even among the most popular ones. Like, you can add Higurashi, Attack on Titan, etc. If you plan to use this post to store the info about incomplete series you come across - that would be great.

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 03:53 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I hope you are talking about Tokyo Ghoul and not Kuroko no Basuke.
Oh. The manga apparently had more gore than the censored version, so, the uncensored version is probably more faithful to the manga's tone.
I am talking about Tokyo ghoul kiddo. Really? Oh man....I really don't wanna read it then

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(10-05-2017, 11:31 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: I am talking about Tokyo ghoul kiddo. Really? Oh man....I really don't wanna read it then

I've created an thread which talks about the announcement of the adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul: Re, the sequel to Tokyo Ghoul. We don't know which studio might be adapting it. If it turns out to be good and faithful, you can read the original manga then.

(10-05-2017, 05:48 AM)Sindar Wrote: Wow, nice work, with fillers and everything! Of course, there are hundreds of those, even among the most popular ones. Like, you can add Higurashi, Attack on Titan, etc. If you plan to use this post to store the info about incomplete series you come across - that would be great.

I was gonna include AoT, but I forgot. And, I'm pretty sure Higurashi has been adapted completely. There are two main segments: Question Arc, which is covered by season 1, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Answer arc, which is covered by season 2, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

Updated List Includes:
Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Shokugeki no Souma
Soul Eater

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Characters that look better in the anime than the manga Elvis 4 666 11-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Would you rather buy manga or anime? Elvis 11 1,461 11-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Star_Of_Hope
  First anime or manga? JennyorAlice 80 4,729 11-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Kamikaze