Why doesn't anyone here post photos of themselves?

Elvis
Rouge pirate

Why doesn't anyone from the AnimeMangaForum staff team post photos of themselves? As far as I know, most of you are over 18, so it's not a matter of being cautious because you are underage. So why are you shy of showing your faces?

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

o.O
I don't have my photo in facebook or any other social media...including whatsapp. I don't think anyone here knows how I look like.

[Image: YqKb33u.png?1]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Elvis
Rouge pirate

(10-02-2017, 12:11 AM)Claraviolet Wrote: o.O
I don't have my photo in facebook or any other social media...including whatsapp. I don't think anyone here knows how I look like.

And the thread asks the question "why?".

Claraviolet
Akatsuki

(10-02-2017, 01:20 AM)Elvis Wrote: And the thread asks the question "why?".

You can say that, our family wouldn't be comfortable with that and I...for one would never do something that would make them uncomfortable. So...

[Image: YqKb33u.png?1]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

I feel it's unncecessary. Plus, it's an age-old tradition in forum. We take some sort of an identity related to the subject of the forum. Mostly. At least when it comes to avatars.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Akatsuki

(10-01-2017, 11:09 PM)Elvis Wrote: Why doesn't anyone from the AnimeMangaForum staff team post photos of themselves? As far as I know, most of you are over 18, so it's not a matter of being cautious because you are underage. So why are you shy of showing your faces?

Even seen a forum where people do? Tongue

Elvis
Rouge pirate

(10-02-2017, 03:43 AM)Sindar Wrote: Even seen a forum where people do? Tongue

Literally every forum I have been a member of has (if the software doesn't have a gallery as a native feature) at least a thread for members to post their selfies. Some communities have an entire sub-section called 'rate my looks' where members have their personal photo threads asking for the other members to rate their looks.

KuranKaname
Pirate

I wouldn't mind posting my picture but I hate being called fat. So, I won't be doing anything like that until I get a decent figure.

Sindar
Akatsuki

(10-02-2017, 05:26 AM)Elvis Wrote: Literally every forum I have been a member of has (if the software doesn't have a gallery as a native feature) at least a thread for members to post their selfies. Some communities have an entire sub-section called 'rate my looks' where members have their personal photo threads asking for the other members to rate their looks.
We obviously live in different parts of the internet =) Haven't seen a single anime forum where sharing photos would be a thing.

yaoifangirl

(10-03-2017, 01:41 AM)Sindar Wrote: We obviously live in different parts of the internet =) Haven't seen a single anime forum where sharing photos would be a thing.

In anime forums, there are sub-sections where you find threads like that. I saw some too but not many people post their own photos there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 100th post Robin 17 1,641 11-12-2017, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Rey
  My 10th Post FruitsPunchSamurai 4 672 04-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  The activity declined after removing the post count of forum games. Nel 7 1,267 12-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Sebastian