We have recieved 0% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We would like to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

Anime Using Real Humans

jyy

Does this exist? How would filmmakers go about making this? I'm thinking maybe they could use advanced 3D computer technology. Nonetheless, is there a way to make it without it, and also make it not corny?

Sindar
Retired Staff

(09-24-2017, 01:15 PM)jyy Wrote: Does this exist?  How would filmmakers go about making this?  I'm thinking maybe they could use advanced 3D computer technology. Nonetheless, is there a way to make it without it, and also make it not corny?

Are you thinking about rotoscoping? Like what Flowers of Evil did?

jyy

I'm guessing a well made movie of this sort would make a lot in the west - as well as Asia.  However, oddly enough, nobody has tried to do it.  I wonder what's keeping it from reality?

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

I'm not sure what you are asking exactly, are you saying using human models to develop anime characters?

KuranKaname
Pirate

(02-06-2018, 09:55 AM)jyy Wrote: I'm guessing a well made movie of this sort would make a lot in the west - as well as Asia.  However, oddly enough, nobody has tried to do it.  I wonder what's keeping it from reality?

Are you talking about live action by any chance? There are lots of live action based on anime

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Bakemonogatari has a few shots featuring real humans. I'm watching it right now, and its visual aesthetic is unique, something I've never seen before.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
KuranKaname
Pirate

(02-06-2018, 09:41 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Bakemonogatari has a few shots featuring real humans. I'm watching it right now, and its visual aesthetic is unique, something I've never seen before.

I don't get the featuring real humans in anime. I am going to watch this anime tomorrow

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(02-07-2018, 01:57 PM)KuranKaname Wrote: I don't get the featuring real humans in anime. I am going to watch this anime tomorrow

It's a lot of talking, and like really abstract visuals. Just a heads-up. 
It's also one of the best selling anime in Japan(all of its sequels are), and pretty popular outside too.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
KuranKaname
Pirate

(02-08-2018, 12:51 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: It's a lot of talking, and like really abstract visuals. Just a heads-up. 
It's also one of the best selling anime in Japan(all of its sequels are), and pretty popular outside too.

i will give it a try then. most of the top sellers are moderately good and i do like them

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(02-08-2018, 02:51 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: i will give it a try then. most of the top sellers are moderately good and i do like them

If you end up liking it make sure you watch the rest of the series in the right order. Google will help you.