What makes Naruto so good?

DudeThatsErin

I keep hearing about it but I've never gone to watch it because it looks weird to me. What makes it so good that you continue watching it?

What is it about? What are your favorite parts?

Live, Laugh, Love. <3
Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

For me its mostly the characters and at times good battles. I like the whole bijuu/host thing they had going on as well. It's kind of like DBZ in terms but the balls are fighting back in a sense.

Ace
Retired Staff

Honestly? The subtle hints to real life "Ninja" got me hooked.

for example the BIGGEST influential reference, in my opinion, is JIRAIYA.

His tale in Naruto is inspired by "THE TALE OF THE GALLANT JIRAIYA (ORIGINAL FOLKLORE) – FROM EDO PERIOD"

just from the description of it spills the beans hahah

In the legend, Jiraiya is a ninja who uses shapeshifting magic to morph into a gigantic toad. As the heir of the mighty Ogata clan in Kyushu, Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade (綱手), a beautiful young maiden who has mastered slug magic. His arch-enemy was his one-time follower Yashagorō (夜叉五郎), later known as Orochimaru (大蛇丸), a master of Serpent magic (the Kanji 大蛇 literally means "giant snake" or "serpent"). It was first recorded in 1806

Demon_skeith
Rouge pirate

(11-25-2017, 01:52 PM)Ace Wrote: Honestly? The subtle hints to real life "Ninja" got me hooked.

for example the BIGGEST influential reference, in my opinion, is JIRAIYA.

His tale in Naruto is inspired by "THE TALE OF THE GALLANT JIRAIYA (ORIGINAL FOLKLORE) – FROM EDO PERIOD"

just from the description of it spills the beans hahah

In the legend, Jiraiya is a ninja who uses shapeshifting magic to morph into a gigantic toad. As the heir of the mighty Ogata clan in Kyushu, Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade (綱手), a beautiful young maiden who has mastered slug magic. His arch-enemy was his one-time follower Yashagorō (夜叉五郎), later known as Orochimaru (大蛇丸), a master of Serpent magic (the Kanji 大蛇 literally means "giant snake" or "serpent"). It was first recorded in 1806

a few youtubers covered this pretty well and I agree that the jiriya tale got put into the series. It really fit well with things.

Ace
Retired Staff

(11-25-2017, 05:11 PM)Demon_skeith Wrote: a few youtubers covered this pretty well and I agree that the jiriya tale got put into the series. It really fit well with things.

first time hearing about that! What youtubers i wanna check these videos out Smile

damagedbanana

For me its the characters, their arcs, and the music(Sadness and Sorrow UHG).

blackrose
Pirate

Everything, it has everything, comedic relief, sorrow ,love. Everything you can think about and so much more

Nameless
Rouge pirate

I wouldn't say it's very good but the plot and the word ninja gets everyone's attention.
I like it because it's long and good