Boruto, chapter 15

Sindar
Retired Staff

Hey [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], now I have read this chapter =) Did you start reading the manga too?

The chapter's pretty good, we seem to be going somewhere. I hope they know what they are doing with this evil organization and the seals. I kinda thought the whole deal with Boruto's seal would remain a mystery for a while longer, but I also wouldn't mind a quicker pace, waiting a month for each update is a killer.

I am a bit sad for Sarada's mission, it would have been interesting to see. She did what I expected from her though.

Ace
Akatsuki

unfortunately, my tablet broke so I need to get a new one before reading any more manga, though I plan to read boruto when I get a new one.

Sindar
Retired Staff

(08-24-2017, 10:30 PM)Ace Wrote: unfortunately, my tablet broke so I need to get a new one before reading any more manga, though I plan to read boruto when I get a new one.
Oh please do, would be nice to have three people reading the same manga here (would be the first time since forever).

Ace
Akatsuki

(08-25-2017, 12:35 AM)Sindar Wrote: Oh please do, would be nice to have three people reading the same manga here (would be the first time since forever).

I've been reading boruto since it came out me and madara were talking about it in another thread.

Sindar
Retired Staff

(08-25-2017, 12:57 AM)Ace Wrote: I've been reading boruto since it came out me and madara were talking about it in another thread.
I didn't know o.O Cool, then let me know what you think about the last chapter when you read it =)

Ace
Akatsuki

(08-25-2017, 01:29 AM)Sindar Wrote: I didn't know o.O Cool, then let me know what you think about the last chapter when you read it =)

Might not be until next month haha that's when I get paid well I get paid on the 28th but I gotta see if I can afford on after bills

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

It was pretty nice to see the story finally take off. The curse seal had some kind of an explanation. And, this again kind of goes back to the statement that Boruto is sort of an amalgamation between Naruto and Sasuke.
And, as far as the Kara are concerned, they maybe some cannon fodder organisation, or, like how the Akatsuki were Bijuu/Jinchuuriki killers in Naruto:Shippuuden, these people might be God Killers, capable of taking on the Otsusukis, meaning, Naruto and Sasuke at their full power might face genuine challenges from people.

I still think Ikemoto's art-work is not very good. I don't mind him when he's drawing new characters, but, when he's drawing the old ones, it bothers me. The cover page for the chapter was really bad. Sasuke looked like how someone would draw him in a meme to make fun of him. This was better:
[Image: tumblr_ouw6mnPoIr1vgzpnmo2_1280.jpg]

Than this:
[Image: tumblr_ouw6mnPoIr1vgzpnmo1_1280.jpg]

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Retired Staff

(08-26-2017, 02:25 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: It was pretty nice to see the story finally take off. The curse seal had some kind of an explanation. And, this again kind of goes back to the statement that Boruto is sort of an amalgamation between Naruto and Sasuke.
And, as far as the Kara are concerned, they maybe some cannon fodder organisation, or, like how the Akatsuki were Bijuu/Jinchuuriki killers in Naruto:Shippuuden, these people might be God Killers, capable of taking on the Otsusukis, meaning, Naruto and Sasuke at their full power might face genuine challenges from people.

I still think Ikemoto's art-work is not very good. I don't mind him when he's drawing new characters, but, when he's drawing the old ones, it bothers me. The cover page for the chapter was really bad. Sasuke looked like how someone would draw him in a meme to make fun of him. This was better:
[Image: tumblr_ouw6mnPoIr1vgzpnmo2_1280.jpg]

Than this:
[Image: tumblr_ouw6mnPoIr1vgzpnmo1_1280.jpg]
Kara shouldn't be fodder, otherwise the whole deal with the seal will be wasted. Although, they can serve to give us information about the seal, so then later own some real threat could appear after the rules of the game were laid out. I personally think they won't be weak though.

As for them being so strong as to challenge Naruto or Sasuke, that would be an issue. What Boruto has to do then? : D He would be totally useless in a fight with them then. I think they might come up with rules that the seal users can only be efficiently battled by other seal users, that would remove both Sasuke and Naruto from the game entirely. Don't know if that would fly with the fans though. It is not the worst option anyways.

Ikemoto gets no rest xD People complain that his faces are too chubby, that Sarada being sexualized more with each chapter (which might be true), that Kara's cloaks are too simple and generic, and so on  Angel

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(08-26-2017, 05:47 AM)Sindar Wrote: Kara shouldn't be fodder, otherwise the whole deal with the seal will be wasted. Although, they can serve to give us information about the seal, so then later own some real threat could appear after the rules of the game were laid out. I personally think they won't be weak though.

As for them being so strong as to challenge Naruto or Sasuke, that would be an issue. What Boruto has to do then? : D He would be totally useless in a fight with them then. I think they might come up with rules that the seal users can only be efficiently battled by other seal users, that would remove both Sasuke and Naruto from the game entirely. Don't know if that would fly with the fans though. It is not the worst option anyways.

Ikemoto gets no rest xD People complain that his faces are too chubby, that Sarada being sexualized more with each chapter (which might be true), that Kara's cloaks are too simple and generic, and so on  Angel
Well, them being fodder would be pretty lame. But, the fact is, it's established in the movie(and assuming that the movie followed the manga), that Boruto has affinity to 3 chakra elements, plus shadow clones, plus a new dojutsu eye, plus this cursed seal, plus the fact that the strongest shinobi alive is gonna train him, does ensure that given a few years, he will become really strong. It's not like Naruto was a match to any of the Akatsuki members during part 1. But, both the anime and the manga have had a hard time developing a great antagonist, so, they have to go with this group as soon as possible. And, I don't think the anime is going to follow the manga at all, after it adapts the movie again, because of some comments that Yamashita, the director of the anime, made about Ikemoto. 

Well, Ikemoto is currently working on this one thing, and not any other, right? Plus, it's monthly.
Look, I'm not saying that I'm more busy than him, and he probably has other things to do, but, the more I look at that cover, uglier it gets. I mean, making an extremely cool character lame has to be something you should avoid, especially if you are experienced, and especially, if he's the deuteragonist. That fan-art, the one above the original image, is faithful to Kishimoto's design and looks somewhat badass.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Retired Staff

(08-26-2017, 06:00 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Well, them being fodder would be pretty lame. But, the fact is, it's established in the movie(and assuming that the movie followed the manga), that Boruto has affinity to 3 chakra elements, plus shadow clones, plus a new dojutsu eye, plus this cursed seal, plus the fact that the strongest shinobi alive is gonna train him, does ensure that given a few years, he will become really strong. It's not like Naruto was a match to any of the Akatsuki members during part 1. But, both the anime and the manga have had a hard time developing a great antagonist, so, they have to go with this group as soon as possible. And, I don't think the anime is going to follow the manga at all, after it adapts the movie again, because of some comments that Yamashita, the director of the anime, made about Ikemoto. 

Well, Ikemoto is currently working on this one thing, and not any other, right? Plus, it's monthly.
Look, I'm not saying that I'm more busy than him, and he probably has other things to do, but, the more I look at that cover, uglier it gets. I mean, making an extremely cool character lame has to be something you should avoid, especially if you are experienced, and especially, if he's the deuteragonist. That fan-art, the one above the original image, is faithful to Kishimoto's design and looks somewhat badass.
I don't think we should have a time skip in the manga yet O.o And by "yet", I mean, there should be at least 50 chapters out before we can skip a few years (which is still crazy fast by shounen standards). Before that happen Boruto should be able to fight anyone who can oppose Naruto or Sasuke, I don't think. Unless he gains an exclusive power-up, be it his seal or his dojutsu.

What did Yamashita say? Was he like cursing and stuff? : D

Well, am definitely not going to blame an artist for not copying someone else's art style Tongue That fanart was nothing like Ikemoto's design for Sasuke, so it is unfair to compare it to his own cover. I think it is easier to not be frustrated with the difference between Ikemoto's and Kishimoto's designs if you consider Boruto manga to be a separate story. I remember back when I was actively watching and reading everything related to Slayers, there were like a dozen different manga published for this series, not to count the fan made ones. Some of these manga made alternative story lines directly contradicting the canon story, some radically changed character designs, some changed character's personalities. It was still fun to read them, it was as if the original story started to grow sideways =)