Fan made manga chapter

Sindar
Retired Staff

There is this amazing fan made chapter showing how an Akainu vs Luffy fight might go. It is a pretty impressive imitation of Oda's style, not just the visual part, but also the way his chapters work. Check it out! No spoilers for anime-only viewers,  as far as I know.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017, 06:31 AM by Sindar.)

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(08-23-2017, 06:29 AM)Sindar Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
This was... excellent. Each panel had many boxes, and not just 2 and 3, and each of them were extremely detailed. And, the character designs were very similar to the original designs. This was far better than I expected, far better than even what assistants of great mangaka can draw on their own.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Retired Staff

(08-24-2017, 01:58 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: This was... excellent. Each panel had many boxes, and not just 2 and 3, and each of them were extremely detailed. And, the character designs were very similar to the original designs. This was far better than I expected, far better than even what assistants of great mangaka can draw on their own.
I know right =) If that guy use ink instead of markers, and if he typeset his dialogues the usual way, then I think people might actually confuse some of his panes for being drawn by Oda. I also like Sakazuki turning into a volcano, that both makes sense and makes him seem even stronger. I think something like that might happen in the real story too.

Ace
Akatsuki

this is pretty darn amazing, the art-style is wonderful

Sindar
Retired Staff

(08-24-2017, 10:35 PM)Ace Wrote: this is pretty darn amazing, the art-style is wonderful

The guy said it took him 6 months to finish : D

Ace
Akatsuki

(08-25-2017, 12:33 AM)Sindar Wrote: The guy said it took him 6 months to finish : D

oh my lord

Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

I like the art style but the dialogues, they need more work. All in all, it's really well made.

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

I like it. Just 12 pages took him more than 6 months to complete? May be re-creating someone's style isn't easy.

Sindar
Retired Staff

(10-02-2017, 01:48 PM)KuranKaname Wrote: I like it. Just 12 pages took him more than 6 months to complete? May be re-creating someone's style isn't easy.

He was also a tad lazy, I bet : D

KuranKaname
Rouge pirate

(10-03-2017, 01:42 AM)Sindar Wrote: He was also a tad lazy, I bet : D

I wouldn't call an artist lazy. They got their own set of working plan