Worst arc of all in one piece

Nel
I think big mom's arc is by fr the worst in my opinion.
Do you have some other arc in your mind?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

I don't know about the manga, but, Big mom's arc has been below average in the anime. Poor pacing and poor animation.
We are about to get episode 800, and I hope they improve. Post time-skip One Piece has been a hit or miss for me, which is unfortunate, because, pre time-skip One Piece is one of the most consistent shows, in quality, ever to exist,

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Akatsuki

Whole cake island is one of the best arcs in the series for people who are into theories and predictions =) Anime is covering the worst part of the arc so far (in terms of plot development that is, not talking about the atmosphere, art, uniqueness and so on).

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(08-01-2017, 04:33 AM)Sindar Wrote: Whole cake island is one of the best arcs in the series for people who are into theories and predictions =) Anime is covering the worst part of the arc so far (in terms of plot development that is, not talking about the atmosphere, art, uniqueness and so on).
Just a doubt. Here's where the anime is so far: Luffy is facing Cracker in the weird forest, Sanji is brooding over the fact that his elder brothers are gonna appear tomorrow, Brooke and Pedro are sneaking around, Nami is repelling her enemies with Big Mom's Vivre Card, and Chopper and Carrot are stuck in Brulee's dimension. 
^^Is this the initial part of the arc? And, in terms of plot, does it get better, in your opinion(no spoilers please)?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Akatsuki

(08-01-2017, 04:57 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Just a doubt. Here's where the anime is so far: Luffy is facing Cracker in the weird forest, Sanji is brooding over the fact that his elder brothers are gonna appear tomorrow, Brooke and Pedro are sneaking around, Nami is repelling her enemies with Big Mom's Vivre Card, and Chopper and Carrot are stuck in Brulee's dimension. 
^^Is this the initial part of the arc? And, in terms of plot, does it get better, in your opinion(no spoilers please)?
My impression is that this part of the story is pretty plain compared with the rest of the arc. But, that depends on how you read it. I am not a fan of OP fights, but that is a personal preference. I can't say whether or not it is the initial part, the arc hasn't been finished in the manga either. But the story is only going to get better from here. 
Also they are probably dragging it out in the anime, right? =) I've read all the seducing woods in one go, it didn't even take that long, so I didn't feel like it was too bad.

Just to let you calibrate how you take my opinions, I also like Zou arc a lot, way better than Dressrosa. There are like a dozen of excellent OP theories that are hinged on the info we got from Zou, I also liked the emotional moments with minks fights, tortured and saved. And all the revelations, Sanji taken and possibly getting married, Robin's importance for the future arcs foreshadowed, the crew splitting into groups, Zoro's reaction to Sanji's "leaving", I can go on. Lots of good moments all packed into a small arc, I like that.

Nel
(08-01-2017, 02:54 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I don't know about the manga, but, Big mom's arc has been below average in the anime. Poor pacing and poor animation.
We are about to get episode 800, and I hope they improve. Post time-skip One Piece has been a hit or miss for me, which is unfortunate, because, pre time-skip One Piece is one of the most consistent shows, in quality, ever to exist,

It makes sense but I hate those singing woods and just like childish concepts. I don't think it's fine for a good anime like one piece to have those.

(08-01-2017, 04:33 AM)Sindar Wrote: Whole cake island is one of the best arcs in the series for people who are into theories and predictions =) Anime is covering the worst part of the arc so far (in terms of plot development that is, not talking about the atmosphere, art, uniqueness and so on).

I don't think there is anything to predict. If you are talking about the surprise setting then every arc got it.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(08-01-2017, 01:39 PM)Nel Wrote: It makes sense but I hate those singing woods and just like childish concepts. I don't think it's fine for a good anime like one piece to have those.

I don't think there is anything to predict. If you are talking about the surprise setting then every arc got it.
Yes, I found them to be kinda dumb too. It was a drastic tonal shift from Dressrosa arc. IT'd have been better if it was similar, tonally, to the zombies in Thriller Bark arc. They had a perfect opportunity to create a suspenseful environment that would genuinely mess with the minds of Luffy, Nami, etc., but, instead it became a childish tirade.

(08-01-2017, 05:33 AM)Sindar Wrote: My impression is that this part of the story is pretty plain compared with the rest of the arc. But, that depends on how you read it. I am not a fan of OP fights, but that is a personal preference. I can't say whether or not it is the initial part, the arc hasn't been finished in the manga either. But the story is only going to get better from here. 
Also they are probably dragging it out in the anime, right? =) I've read all the seducing woods in one go, it didn't even take that long, so I didn't feel like it was too bad.

Just to let you calibrate how you take my opinions, I also like Zou arc a lot, way better than Dressrosa. There are like a dozen of excellent OP theories that are hinged on the info we got from Zou, I also liked the emotional moments with minks fights, tortured and saved. And all the revelations, Sanji taken and possibly getting married, Robin's importance for the future arcs foreshadowed, the crew splitting into groups, Zoro's reaction to Sanji's "leaving", I can go on. Lots of good moments all packed into a small arc, I like that.
I always go around praising fights in Naruto(and maybe even Bleach, at least till what I've watched, 63 episodes), but, One Piece fights are... fine. But, I never found them to be boring. The problem started during Dressrosa arc. The fight between Luffy and Joker was dragged out so much that it became the longest arc in the anime. I was able to tolerate because Doflamingo, as an antagonist, was menacing. 
Regarding the length of the seducing woods story in the anime, it started in the second half of episode 790, and is still ongoing(799 episodes have been released so far). Hopefully, 800 is the last episode that takes place in the woods.

Zou had a few emotional moments, yes, but, reading from what you said, I feel like the anime dragged that out too. But, it was certainly better than Dressrosa. Although, the crew getting separated again, kind of bummed me out.

Sindar
Akatsuki

(08-01-2017, 01:39 PM)Nel Wrote: It makes sense but I hate those singing woods and just like childish concepts. I don't think it's fine for a good anime like one piece to have those.

Try to guess how exactly they are going to stop Sanji from getting married (or taken by Big Mom, the same thing), or whether they do it or not. Like really =) You can go ahead and write it, I won't confirm it or say you are wrong (doing it spoiler free for this thread), but you'll have fun later on seeing if your predictions come true. Most people don't even come close to making right guesses : D

Also, as I said there will be more interesting events later on, those will give you better material for speculations  Angel

(08-01-2017, 11:55 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yes, I found them to be kinda dumb too. It was a drastic tonal shift from Dressrosa arc. IT'd have been better if it was similar, tonally, to the zombies in Thriller Bark arc. They had a perfect opportunity to create a suspenseful environment that would genuinely mess with the minds of Luffy, Nami, etc., but, instead it became a childish tirade.

I always go around praising fights in Naruto(and maybe even Bleach, at least till what I've watched, 63 episodes), but, One Piece fights are... fine. But, I never found them to be boring. The problem started during Dressrosa arc. The fight between Luffy and Joker was dragged out so much that it became the longest arc in the anime. I was able to tolerate because Doflamingo, as an antagonist, was menacing. 
Regarding the length of the seducing woods story in the anime, it started in the second half of episode 790, and is still ongoing(799 episodes have been released so far). Hopefully, 800 is the last episode that takes place in the woods.

Zou had a few emotional moments, yes, but, reading from what you said, I feel like the anime dragged that out too. But, it was certainly better than Dressrosa. Although, the crew getting separated again, kind of bummed me out.
Well OP fights are mostly short, from what I've seen, and there are usually some gags thrown in. I am thinking of the pre-time skip One Piece here. Doflamingo is awesome, true ^^b But still, I just can't imagine watching 100 episodes of that arc o_o

Say what :O 10 episodes for seducing woods?.. That is crazy.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(08-02-2017, 01:35 AM)Sindar Wrote: Try to guess how exactly they are going to stop Sanji from getting married (or taken by Big Mom, the same thing), or whether they do it or not. Like really =) You can go ahead and write it, I won't confirm it or say you are wrong (doing it spoiler free for this thread), but you'll have fun later on seeing if your predictions come true. Most people don't even come close to making right guesses : D

Also, as I said there will be more interesting events later on, those will give you better material for speculations  Angel

Well OP fights are mostly short, from what I've seen, and there are usually some gags thrown in. I am thinking of the pre-time skip One Piece here. Doflamingo is awesome, true ^^b But still, I just can't imagine watching 100 episodes of that arc o_o

Imo, many times, OP fights looked visceral to me. Zoro vs Mr 1, Luffy vs Lucci, etc. And, sometimes, they can be pretty funny, like in Thriller Bark arc. But, post time-skip, with the exception of Fishman Island, and maybe, just maybe, Punk Hazard arc, they are borderline boring.
Was it really 100 episodes?! That's a lot.
And, yeah, it's basically Luffy and the others running around in circles, being deceived, mostly.

Nel
(08-02-2017, 01:35 AM)Sindar Wrote: Try to guess how exactly they are going to stop Sanji from getting married (or taken by Big Mom, the same thing), or whether they do it or not. Like really =) You can go ahead and write it, I won't confirm it or say you are wrong (doing it spoiler free for this thread), but you'll have fun later on seeing if your predictions come true. Most people don't even come close to making right guesses : D

As you are reading manga you must know what would happen here after. I am no genius. But I think Luffy would find sanji and he will defeat big mom to get the cuffs

(08-01-2017, 11:55 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Yes, I found them to be kinda dumb too. It was a drastic tonal shift from Dressrosa arc. IT'd have been better if it was similar, tonally, to the zombies in Thriller Bark arc. They had a perfect opportunity to create a suspenseful environment that would genuinely mess with the minds of Luffy, Nami, etc., but, instead it became a childish tirade.

Yes. I never got irritated by one piece until this Arc. Even enel Arc is okay compared to this