War for the Planet of the Apes Movie Review

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

War for the Planet of the Apes(2017) Movie Review

Plot:
Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in a battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

Prelude:
The reboot movies in the Planet of the Apes franchise have been very good. I think both Rise of the Planet of the Apes(2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) are excellent movies. It's always the third ones in a trilogy that kind don't measure up to the previous movies. But, I had a lot of expectations going into this movie. I saw this movie on 15/7/2017.

Pro's:
Andy Serkis as Caesar: Absolutely amazing performance. You think he can't outdo a performance he did previously, and he does it, with ease. 
Motion Capture: The motion capture is very very good. The faces of each monkey feels real, and their emotions are delivered perfectly.
CGI and Visuals: The CG in this movie is phenomenal. This is probably the best I've seen since Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) and The Jungle Book(2016). It was photo-realistic and blew me away.
Acting: The acting was good. This movie doesn't have many humans, so, there's basically two lead roles for the human characters. Woody Harrelson is the Colonel, and Amiah Miller is a little girl the apes meet in their journey, and they both were very good.
Cinematography: The movie is breath-taking. Each frame is captivating.
Tone: The movie is bleak, and doesn't hold back. It makes decisions, tough decisions that you thought it wouldn't have the balls to make. 
Apes: This has to be mentioned in particular. Every single core ape character is portrayed really well in this movie. From Caesar, to Maurice, to a new character and the comedic role, Bad Ape. 
Fitting conclusion to the trilogy as well as Caesar's arc(as of this movie).
Screenplay.
Background Music.
Editing.
Action as well as emotional scenes.

Con's:
Sometimes, the pacing can drag a bit.

Verdict:
Overall, this is an excellent, excellent movie. It's a fitting conclusion to one of the best trilogies ever. I would have enjoyed it even more if not for the fucking kid sitting behind me talking throughout the movie. Anyway, this movie is the best in the trilogy, and probably is my favourite movie of the year.
Score: 8.5/10.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Nel
(07-17-2017, 09:31 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: War for the Planet of the Apes(2017) Movie Review

Plot:
Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in a battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

Prelude:
The reboot movies in the Planet of the Apes franchise have been very good. I think both Rise of the Planet of the Apes(2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) are excellent movies. It's always the third ones in a trilogy that kind don't measure up to the previous movies. But, I had a lot of expectations going into this movie. I saw this movie on 15/7/2017.

Pro's:
Andy Serkis as Caesar: Absolutely amazing performance. You think he can't outdo a performance he did previously, and he does it, with ease. 
Motion Capture: The motion capture is very very good. The faces of each monkey feels real, and their emotions are delivered perfectly.
CGI and Visuals: The CG in this movie is phenomenal. This is probably the best I've seen since Dawn of the Planet of the Apes(2014) and The Jungle Book(2016). It was photo-realistic and blew me away.
Acting: The acting was good. This movie doesn't have many humans, so, there's basically two lead roles for the human characters. Woody Harrelson is the Colonel, and Amiah Miller is a little girl the apes meet in their journey, and they both were very good.
Cinematography: The movie is breath-taking. Each frame is captivating.
Tone: The movie is bleak, and doesn't hold back. It makes decisions, tough decisions that you thought it wouldn't have the balls to make. 
Apes: This has to be mentioned in particular. Every single core ape character is portrayed really well in this movie. From Caesar, to Maurice, to a new character and the comedic role, Bad Ape. 
Fitting conclusion to the trilogy as well as Caesar's arc(as of this movie).
Screenplay.
Background Music.
Editing.
Action as well as emotional scenes.

Con's:
Sometimes, the pacing can drag a bit.

Verdict:
Overall, this is an excellent, excellent movie. It's a fitting conclusion to one of the best trilogies ever. I would have enjoyed it even more if not for the fucking kid sitting behind me talking throughout the movie. Anyway, this movie is the best in the trilogy, and probably is my favourite movie of the year.
Score: 8.5/10.
Seriously? Humans playing the bad guys again?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-18-2017, 07:10 PM)Nel Wrote: Seriously? Humans playing the bad guys again?

Nope. They are a species on the brink of extinction and are doing whatever they can to survive.
Besides, what's the last movie you say that didn't have humans as the bad guy. Every single movie has a human as a bad guy.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Nel
(07-19-2017, 01:08 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Nope. They are a species on the brink of extinction and are doing whatever they can to survive.
Besides, what's the last movie you say that didn't have humans as the bad guy. Every single movie has a human as a bad guy.

Aliens. In that they make humans as hosts to increase their number

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-19-2017, 11:42 AM)Nel Wrote: Aliens. In that they make humans as hosts to increase their number

Aliens came out in 1986(and it's a masterpiece, in my opinion).
These 3 movies serve as a prequel to the 1968 movie "Planet of the Apes". In that movie, apes have already conquered the planet, and humans have become slaves.

Nel
(07-19-2017, 07:35 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Aliens came out in 1986(and it's a masterpiece, in my opinion).
These 3 movies serve as a prequel to the 1968 movie "Planet of the Apes". In that movie, apes have already conquered the planet, and humans have become slaves.

I didn't think you have watched aliens as it was old and got a pretty bad ending.  Then don't you think humans should be protagonists then?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-26-2017, 02:28 AM)Nel Wrote: I didn't think you have watched aliens as it was old and got a pretty bad ending.  Then don't you think humans should be protagonists then?
I don't think it has a bad ending, and I think it's a blast from start to finish. 
And, I like watching old movies, as long as it's good. One of my favourite movies of all time is The Godfather Part II and it was released in the year 1974.
Humans can't be the protagonists because the problems that are there in this world, and the virus that wiped them out, were their creations. The thing with Aliens is that they didn't have anything to do with it. Plus, it's inevitable that it's gonna be a planet of apes, so, why side with those who are gonna be either extinct, or become take a backseat in the evolution cycle.

Nel
(07-26-2017, 08:09 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: I don't think it has a bad ending, and I think it's a blast from start to finish. 
And, I like watching old movies, as long as it's good. One of my favourite movies of all time is The Godfather Part II and it was released in the year 1974.
Humans can't be the protagonists because the problems that are there in this world, and the virus that wiped them out, were their creations. The thing with Aliens is that they didn't have anything to do with it. Plus, it's inevitable that it's gonna be a planet of apes, so, why side with those who are gonna be either extinct, or become take a backseat in the evolution cycle.

Godfather? Never heard of it. I didn't get you. Are you siding with Apes because they are powerful?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(07-27-2017, 02:42 AM)Nel Wrote: Godfather? Never heard of it. I didn't get you. Are you siding with Apes because they are powerful?
You haven't heard of the Godfather, eh?
Well, the movie devotes more time to develop apes as great characters than with the humans.

Nel
(07-27-2017, 04:22 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: You haven't heard of the Godfather, eh?
Well, the movie devotes more time to develop apes as great characters than with the humans.

No. Is godfather a horror movie? Or is it an action movie?
I want to side with humans because I am one.