We have recieved 0% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We would like to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

Anime Movie - Spirited Away

Mansi14
Retired Staff

SPIRITED AWAY
[Image: 4394-iqaakidxmr.jpg]
-Miyazaki Hayao 
Released on: 20th July, 2001

Genre: Fantasy, Supernatural, Adventure, Romance

SUMMARY:

The movie is about a ten years old Chihiro Ogino who is rather disgruntled about shifting to a new place along with her parents. Little did the Ogino family knew what awaits them when they halted near an abandoned amusement park on their way. Chihiro's journey to rescue her parents from a greedy witch and return home begins! 
Accompany Chihiro on her spirited adventure to a bathhouse with mysterious and keen Haku, Head of the Broiler room Kamaji, straight forward charming Lin, an Odd spirit and other unusual characters!  

My review:

I enjoyed the supernatural characters and setting of the movie alongside with soundtrack and animation. The storyline wasn't unpredictable but satiating. It had the pinch of romance in it of which I am not personally a fan...
I recommend you to watch this if you are looking for one of different supernatural settings, a good soundtrack and animation, cute little animals, romance and innocence and bravery of a young girl Grin

Fun fact:

1. Spirited Away or Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi earned 30.4 billion Yen making it the highest grossing film in Japanese filming history. 
2. It is said that the movie wasn't scripted before the making. 
3. The "stink spirit" from the movie is inspired from Miyazaki's experi of cleaning a river. 

There's more to this movie than what meets the eyes. 
 Wink  

Nel
I have watched this movie a bit. That girl. Was starting to get her parents back. Should I complete watching it? Is it worth the watch.

Mansi14
Retired Staff

(04-13-2017, 02:36 PM)Nel Wrote: I have watched this movie a bit. That girl. Was starting to get her parents back. Should I complete watching it? Is it worth the watch.

I don't really know what do you like and I can hardly judge if it's worth a watch... 
But you should probably give it a try because even though not the movie itself, there are various interesting things jelled to it.

Nel
(04-13-2017, 04:26 PM)Mansi14 Wrote: I don't really know what do you like and I can hardly judge if it's worth a watch... 
But you should probably give it a try because even though not the movie itself, there are various interesting things jelled to it.
I didn't like the movie vibe
. It's not creepy but it's. Not pleasant either.  I will watch it then. Will you be posting more anime reviews soon?

Mansi14
Retired Staff

(04-13-2017, 05:33 PM)Nel Wrote: I didn't like the movie vibe
. It's not creepy but it's. Not pleasant either.  I will watch it then. Will you be posting more anime reviews soon?

I'll post about whatever I read/watch Smile

Nel
(04-13-2017, 05:35 PM)Mansi14 Wrote: I'll post about whatever I read/watch Smile

Great. Tag me if you can I would like to read your anime reviews

Mansi14
Retired Staff

(04-13-2017, 05:38 PM)Nel Wrote: Great. Tag me if you can I would like to read your anime reviews

Yes surely! How about manga?

Nel
(04-13-2017, 06:05 PM)Mansi14 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] can come up with something.

Ace
Retired Staff

(04-13-2017, 07:11 PM)Nel Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] can come up with something.

Ooooh boy do I got a review or recommendation for you later though 5am here hah

Nel
(04-13-2017, 08:19 PM)Ace Wrote: Ooooh boy do I got a review or recommendation for you later though 5am here hah

I don't know what you mean by that. Are we in the same page. Are you talking about anime or character?