Gangsta. !! Review + recommendation + say whatever ya want ^^

Minj369
V.I.P. member

Didn't see anyone but a retired member that recommended this show so... here we go!
If you have seen this show you are more than welcomed to respond ^^
What is written here is only my view and thought of this show and there is no doubt some will not like it.

I watched Gangsta. Still reading the manga (Hoping it will keep publishing as well)
Since the writer is a genious! the animation is very well drawn this show is exciting R - 17+ violence + profanity + some nudity the works!
Great plot! One of the most interesting main characters one could create is Nicolas, He is by far the most original character I have seen (according to what I watched thus far). And I appreciate his voice actor sooo much!!
The story has a certain rythem and it completely pulled me in

this is a show I also recommended to one of my friends (who never watches anime) to watch and in Japanese with subs and he liked it very much, so this anime got a 10+ score from me because it actually got someone interested when they are not watching anime.
Hohoho

from what I understand the company that produced Gangsta. Manglobe was recently announcing bankrupcy... and because this show ends at a standstill, epic tension!!

I would suggest only those who can keep their cool and hope for a second season quietly like me to watch it.
You can watch it anyway Because I know that those who would like this review will and I hate when people tell me "don't". I also know that when someone tells you "you can't do this" or "don't watch it" human nature replies with "FU i'll do whatever the hell i want!" so feel free have fun and most important keep it straight, honest and simple 
Bye

Sebastian
how is the animation my lady?
is it any good?
or it's just old school?

Minj369
V.I.P. member

(04-16-2016, 07:00 PM)Sebastian Wrote: how is the animation my lady?
is it any good?
or it's just old school?

Conterary from regular anime's that portray most beautiful men as "female beauty" i think you can realize that most manly characters in many anime's look like women... i don't mind that but this show was drawn by a very talented artist and the animation is clear. men look like men (beard, masculine with the proper proportions), kids look like kids (if they are young they would have younger features) and women are beautifully drawn and curved.
the background animation is very detailed, unlike many that follow the "main stream animation" shadows and reflactions are very much used to enhance the features and background.
this is not cgi or 3d animation which this makes it harder to convey those aspect and i found the writers perception of facial expressions and the kind of personality they have is expressed in it very refreshing. you can tell if someone fakes a smile or is actually happy, angry or depressed it's not a comedy although there are some funny jokes in the dialogues.
all of this talk comes to the violence part, blood splatters, knife wounds, gunshot wounds mutilation every thing is based on how a person sees his animation and Khoske did everything right here. this is also the first anime Khoske had published after writing only one other manga aside from Gangsta. if this show gets a second season and people would actually take the time to watch and appriciate it this show will be one of the classics in the future.

Sebastian
(04-16-2016, 07:39 PM)Minj369 Wrote: Conterary from regular anime's that portray most beautiful men as "female beauty" i think you can realize that most manly characters in many anime's look like women... i don't mind that but this show was drawn by a very talented artist and the animation is clear. men look like men (beard, masculine with the proper proportions), kids look like kids (if they are young they would have younger features) and women are beautifully drawn and curved.
the background animation is very detailed, unlike many that follow the "main stream animation" shadows and reflactions are very much used to enhance the features and background.
this is not cgi or 3d animation which this makes it harder to convey those aspect and i found the writers perception of facial expressions and the kind of personality they have is expressed in it very refreshing. you can tell if someone fakes a smile or is actually happy, angry or depressed it's not a comedy although there are some funny jokes in the dialogues.
all of this talk comes to the violence part, blood splatters, knife wounds, gunshot wounds mutilation every thing is based on how a person sees his animation and Khoske did everything right here. this is also the first anime Khoske had published after writing only one other manga aside from Gangsta. if this show gets a second season and people would actually take the time to watch and appriciate it this show will be one of the classics in the future.

i ain't no fan of 3d animation my lady xD
blood splatter ain't my thing wither x(

you really think this anime is worth it my lady?

Minj369
V.I.P. member

(04-17-2016, 06:04 PM)Sebastian Wrote: i ain't no fan of 3d animation my lady xD
blood splatter ain't my thing wither x(

you really think this anime is worth it my lady?

If you didn't understand that i do by the way i speak so highly of this show than it's probably really hard to read everything i wrote... this show is good, it's action + drama. If you want just take a look at the first episode and like i wrote... it's not 3D.

Sebastian
(04-17-2016, 06:19 PM)Minj369 Wrote: If you didn't understand that i do by the way i speak so highly of this show than it's probably really hard to read everything i wrote... this show is good, it's action + drama. If you want just take a look at the first episode and like i wrote... it's not 3D.

but most of the peeps i know said that it's 3d ;-;
i don't get it.
are you sure my lady?

Minj369
V.I.P. member

(04-17-2016, 06:29 PM)Sebastian Wrote: but most of the peeps i know said that it's 3d ;-;
i don't get it.
are you sure my lady?

Why don't you be the judge and take a quick look.

Sebastian
(04-17-2016, 07:15 PM)Minj369 Wrote: Why don't you be the judge and take a quick look.

i will my lady xD
i am catching up with one piece.
after that, i will give it a try.
do you watch one piece too?

Minj369
V.I.P. member

(04-17-2016, 08:29 PM)Sebastian Wrote: i will my lady xD
i am catching up with one piece.
after that, i will give it a try.
do you watch one piece too?

No i don't... i tried watching it but... it just didn't catch my eye and didn't really interest me.

Sebastian
(04-17-2016, 09:17 PM)Minj369 Wrote: No i don't... i tried watching it but... it just didn't catch my eye and didn't really interest me.

you have to try it my lady xD
most of the peeps here are one piece fans and if you check out one piece corner, it's got so many cool threads too xD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Official review of gosick, from OPF! Star_Of_Hope 0 633 04-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Star_Of_Hope
Smile Review on Slayers anime. Claraviolet 4 1,176 12-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Spectre