Books/movies vs. manga/anime

MeowsePad

As someone who has watched anime but has not really gotten into manga at any point, I have a question. Would it be fair to say that watching an anime without reading the manga is like watching a movie without reading the book? Do most anime leave out things or rush through things that were developed much more carefully in manga? Are all anime based on manga?

ItachiSasuke
I would go for anime/manga anytime.
They are good and not boring like movies and books.

That's a typical anime fan for you

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Most anime I've watched are pretty close to the manga version(say 85-90%), but, that may not be the case with movies/novels, and you know the reason: time......

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Poser

(04-10-2016, 04:40 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Most anime I've watched are pretty close to the manga version(say 85-90%), but, that may not be the case with movies/novels, and you know the reason: time......

I do agree with this. In my opinion, the producers want to have at least the distinguishable difference between the manga and the anime (and sometimes, the anime does the difference good) so to attract viewers to patronize the latter more. But as what others say, either of the two is fun to read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manga vs Incomplete Anime Stuff MadaraUchiha 27 427 11-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Characters that look better in the anime than the manga Elvis 4 673 11-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Would you rather buy manga or anime? Elvis 11 1,478 11-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Star_Of_Hope