Manga that shouldn't have been adapted

Elvis
Rouge pirate

Can you think of a manga that was adapted into a terrible anime? Name a manga that should have remained just a manga because the anime adaptation was not to your liking.

Sebastian
i don't read manga bro.
but i heard that blue exorcist anime is so unfair.
so may be that my man xD

Kaynil

For me Gantz fits that bill. It is not horrid but they dragged out the suspense and scrambled the pace. To boot the ending feels rushed and out of nowhere killing the possibility of ever retaking from whet it was left to adapt the rest of the series. Thats aid, other than the last episodes it did try to keep close with the manga.

Another one I haven't watched but I have heard negative comments on the anime adaptation is Tokyo Ghoul. Maybe someone here can confirm if it is as bad as people make it out to be.

Lastly, Aku no hana could be one, depending who you ask.

No point using an image signature if it will only appear as a link, so have this boring text instead. 
Boring
Sindar
Akatsuki

(12-18-2015, 12:50 AM)Kaynil Wrote: For me Gantz fits that bill. It is not horrid but they dragged out the suspense and scrambled the pace. To boot the ending feels rushed and out of nowhere killing the possibility of ever retaking from whet it was left to adapt the rest of the series. Thats aid, other than the last episodes it did try to keep close with the manga.

Another one I haven't watched but I have heard negative comments on the anime adaptation is Tokyo Ghoul. Maybe someone here can confirm if it is as bad as people make it out to be.

Lastly, Aku no hana could be one, depending who you ask.

Haven't seen the manga for Tokyo Ghoul, so I can't really answer. But I guess it was a mediocre show. There were interesting moments in it, it was fun to talk about it while it was airing, but that's about it ._. And I don't think it was animation problem, I think, its the story itself.

Answering the title question, I think Pupa is the most obvious example for me. I've read 1 chapter of the manga and it alone was better than the whole anime series they made.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

Ao no exorcist, because the second half sucked....

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Naiwen

Fairytail for me.

KuranKaname
Pirate

(12-19-2015, 01:05 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: Ao no exorcist, because the second half sucked....

Second half?
What do you dislike about the anime?

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

(12-26-2015, 01:18 AM)KuranKaname Wrote: Second half?
What do you dislike about the anime?

A lot of things...... It lost its narrative in the second half, and many parts felt like a normal high school anime, the last few episodes were lame, the antagonist was not as powerful as he was shown, and many mpre......

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Mansi14
Retired Staff

Tokyo Ghoul was it for me to some extent but then I realized that the story of anime and manga are just completely different...

Elvis
Rouge pirate

(12-27-2015, 01:29 AM)Mansi14 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manga vs Incomplete Anime Stuff MadaraUchiha 27 427 11-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Characters that look better in the anime than the manga Elvis 4 673 11-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post: MadaraUchiha
  Would you rather buy manga or anime? Elvis 11 1,478 11-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Star_Of_Hope