Watch or read - which one do you do first?

Elvis
Rouge pirate

Do you usually watch the anime first and read the manga after watching the anime, or the other way around? Or do you just randomly choose either the manga or the anime and don't need to have both?

Kaynil

I start with what I have at hand. I can't always start with the original format.
Depending on how much I care for the series I might try the other versions.

No point using an image signature if it will only appear as a link, so have this boring text instead. 
Boring
Naiwen

Whichever comes out first for me, I guess.

Rukia
I prefer anime than manga.
So, I watch anime first.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

I check which one is better and read/watch depending on the result..... But, mostly, I watch anime.....

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
MeowsePad

Much to my dismay, I must admit that I've never read a manga. Maybe I will someday. I have enjoyed some anime series, and I think I would like manga more because it's much more in-depth. Someday...

Minj369
V.I.P. member

(12-03-2015, 02:14 AM)Elvis Wrote: Do you usually watch the anime first and read the manga after watching the anime, or the other way around? Or do you just randomly choose either the manga or the anime and don't need to have both?

I usually start with the one i see first, i have a manga app on my phone and i brows it a lot.
I try to read more but i just don't have that much time to catch up... but there are exceptions one that comes to mind is Samurai Deeper Kyo, the show was well... not the kind i would like to say the least but the Manga was great!

Mine

(05-03-2016, 04:08 PM)Minj369 Wrote: I usually start with the one i see first, i have a manga app on my phone and i brows it a lot.
I try to read more but i just don't have that much time to catch up... but there are exceptions one that comes to mind is Samurai Deeper Kyo, the show was well... not the kind i would like to say the least but the Manga was great!

You shouldn't install manga apps especially in phone,
They make the processor slow and they eat the battery's life.

I would suggest either online reading or PC download.

Minj369
V.I.P. member

(05-08-2016, 10:08 PM)Mine Wrote: You shouldn't install manga apps especially in phone,
They make the processor slow and they eat the battery's life.

I would suggest either online reading or PC download.

well, i would order my manga's if i had the money and i leave my house more than i'm on my comp, my phone is my saviour on long drives and i do have a charger with me if i need it. thank for the advice tho ^^

Soultaker

I would watch an anime before opting for manga.
Not all the anime have good concepts and not all the manga are worth our time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you recommend me to watch anime or to read manga for Shounen Fighting Anime? Daexto95 3 1,138 09-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Saber
  Have you ever read the manga and watched the anime at the same time? Elvis 2 618 08-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Mine