Oldest manga you have read

Elvis
Rouge pirate

Recommend me some really old manga from, like, 10 or 20 years ago. Which is the oldest manga you have read?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Mansi14
Tenshi

I never see when the manga was published but I know One Piece started in 1997 which is pretty old...

Nel
(11-14-2015, 08:27 PM)Mansi14 Wrote: I never see when the manga was published but I know One Piece started in 1997 which is pretty old...

isn't naruto the oldest manga?
i thought you were reading naruto too mansi.

Mansi14
Tenshi

(11-14-2015, 08:28 PM)Nel Wrote: isn't naruto the oldest manga?
i thought you were reading naruto too mansi.

Naruto started in 1999 and it is already over =)

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin......

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."
Sindar
Retired Staff

Metropolis, published in 1949.

Elvis
Rouge pirate

(02-05-2016, 05:59 AM)Sindar Wrote: Metropolis, published in 1949.
Did they even have the word "manga" back then?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Star_Of_Hope
Akatsuki

I have tried reading one piece but I couldn't get into it. So it's the oldest manga that I have read

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]
Kaynil
Retired Staff

For me the oldest manga I read was Ranma 1/2.

there were plenty of shoujo and Shonen nice manga around the nineties. I missed many of them because back then even scanlations online were hard to come by and manga in Mexico was something limited as it was a starting market.

From what I remember being recommended:

Cinderella boy
Dr. Slump
You're under arrest
Orphen
Video Girl Ai
D.N.A.
Ghost in the Shell
Lupin the third
Detective Conan
Fruits Basket
Azumanga Daioh
Parasyte

Some of these are better known by their anime counterparts nowadays.
Probably I should get onto reading these ones.

MadaraUchiha
Akatsuki

One Piece and Naruto..... Dropped One Piece after reading a few chapters a year ago, and well, started reading Naruto around chapter 530, and kept reading it till it got over.....

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."