Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 6% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

anime for kids?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mir Ghafor Offline Newbie
Mood: None

Bounty : 908.98$
10-04-2014, 03:34 AM #1
what are you saying when people are saying that anime is for kids?
i am a anime fan maybe not a huge anime fan but i like it Grin

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)

Bounty : 89,425.71$
10-04-2014, 03:21 PM #2
(10-04-2014, 03:34 AM)Mir Ghafor Wrote:  what are you saying when people are saying that anime is for kids?
i am a anime fan maybe not a huge anime fan but i like it Grin

I'll juz ask them to watch 'proper' anime's and then judge them, instead of saying that anime is for kids after watching shounen anime's like Dragon Ball, Pokemon, etc, which are good, but not as good as Death Note, Code Geass, etc, in my opinion.................

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Sharon Offline Newbie

Bounty : 1,605.57$
10-05-2014, 02:19 PM #3
I think people who say this simply do not appreciate anime as an art. Spirited Away is a great example to use in this matter. So much work is put into designing both art AND storyline in anime and people who say that they are just for kids (unfortunately for them) are not able to enjoy them.

Jupiter Zero Offline Registered User

Bounty : 2,471.14$
10-10-2014, 12:48 AM #4
Because of Anime shows like Pokemon, Digimon, and some of the Kittie versions of Gundam.

Just about anyone I've talked to always refer anime to Pokemon. I have to say, Pokemon has become the unofficial face for anime in America.

Has any of you seen the movie Slither?

In the movie, the girl claims she has a Japanese friend who paints her nails. The father than cracks a joke about Pokemon.

I have begun to feel that people associating Pokemon wise cracks with Japanese culture comes off as a racial stereotype to me. I am not offended, but I do grow tired of some people's blatant ignorance and biased opinions on such things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
10 Replies 164 Views
Last Post by MadaraUchiha
Yesterday, 12:33 AM
0 Replies 26 Views
Last Post by Rukia
10-24-2016, 12:08 AM