Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 0% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

[Spoilers] Anyone keeping up with new One Piece chapters?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki
Mood: None

Bounty : 110,191.31$
06-01-2017, 01:28 AM #11
(06-01-2017, 12:59 AM)Sindar Wrote:  You mean like in general? I don't have such preferences, no =) Anime tends to be more generic art style-wise, shonen series also tend to add fillers, so I often find good reasons to read manga instead of watching adaptation. I think HxH and One Punch Man manga are so good you'd miss out if go for anime instead. The art style, the visual details, those couldn't cross over into the anime, so the only way to see them is the manga.

On the other hand there are many cases when anime is done better than the original manga because they had more resources and knew what they wanted. Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Metropolis, just to name a few. The originals are good, sure, but their adaptations are exceptional here.

But anyway, I've seen way-way more anime than I've read manga, so I guess I tend to choose the former after all =)

That feeling when you go to a former One Piece forum and no one reads the latest chapters T_T
It's not that I don't like One Piece. I just think that reading manga is cut out for me. But, I can certainly try discussing content from the latest episode.
This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 01:28 AM by MadaraUchiha.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 28,215.01$
06-01-2017, 02:14 AM #12
(06-01-2017, 01:28 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  It's not that I don't like One Piece. I just think that reading manga is cut out for me. But, I can certainly try discussing content from the latest episode.
I was just making a joke =) I'm slightly more excited about newest chapters than I should be, that's all.

Nel Unregistered

Bounty : 0$
06-01-2017, 02:48 AM #13
(06-01-2017, 12:59 AM)Sindar Wrote:  You mean like in general? I don't have such preferences, no =) Anime tends to be more generic art style-wise, shonen series also tend to add fillers, so I often find good reasons to read manga instead of watching adaptation. I think HxH and One Punch Man manga are so good you'd miss out if go for anime instead. The art style, the visual details, those couldn't cross over into the anime, so the only way to see them is the manga.

On the other hand there are many cases when anime is done better than the original manga because they had more resources and knew what they wanted. Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Metropolis, just to name a few. The originals are good, sure, but their adaptations are exceptional here.

But anyway, I've seen way-way more anime than I've read manga, so I guess I tend to choose the former after all =)

That feeling when you go to a former One Piece forum and no one reads the latest chapters T_T

Is it because the censorship?  Anime don't have too much Gore and all? Do you follow any online anime?

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

06-01-2017, 03:39 AM #14
(06-01-2017, 02:48 AM)Nel Wrote:  Is it because the censorship?  Anime don't have too much Gore and all? Do you follow any online anime?

Nah, its because it would be too expensive and time consuming to animate if they were to keep the original art style. Also it wouldn't be very cohesive visually. It is a complicated topic, there is a lot to it =) But simply put, imitating original manga's art style is hard and people avoid it if possible. In recent years there had been a trend towards trying to preserve features of the original art, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an example, but that is still has lots of issues.

No, don't follow any at the moment Sad   I haven't been watching TV series all that much recently, mostly watch OVAs and movies.

Nel Unregistered

06-01-2017, 11:37 AM #15
(06-01-2017, 03:39 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Nah, its because it would be too expensive and time consuming to animate if they were to keep the original art style. Also it wouldn't be very cohesive visually. It is a complicated topic, there is a lot to it =) But simply put, imitating original manga's art style is hard and people avoid it if possible. In recent years there had been a trend towards trying to preserve features of the original art, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an example, but that is still has lots of issues.

No, don't follow any at the moment Sad   I haven't been watching TV series all that much recently, mostly watch OVAs and movies.

I didn't think it would be that hard to imitate a manga. Then you won't be watching anime with us?

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

06-02-2017, 12:10 AM #16
(06-01-2017, 11:37 AM)Nel Wrote:  I didn't think it would be that hard to imitate a manga. Then you won't be watching anime with us?
If it is Haruhi - I will be in the discussions, cause I've seen that show already. As for new things, I have a bit of a problem with that at the moment, not likely gonna watch any.

Nel Unregistered

06-02-2017, 01:17 PM #17
(06-02-2017, 12:10 AM)Sindar Wrote:  If it is Haruhi - I will be in the discussions, cause I've seen that show already. As for new things, I have a bit of a problem with that at the moment, not likely gonna watch any.

You can give suggestions too. You don't have to stop watching what you have picked up

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

06-03-2017, 03:22 AM #18
(06-02-2017, 01:17 PM)Nel Wrote:  You can give suggestions too. You don't have to stop watching what you have picked up
I don't want to make silly ones though : D Like I am watching Tonari no Seki-kun right now, it is a pretty funny anime and I like it, but it is a 5 minute per episode show about fooling around during classes, I'm sure Madara would think I am making fun of everybody suggesting something like it =)
This post was last modified: 06-03-2017, 03:22 AM by Sindar.

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 110,191.31$
06-03-2017, 03:29 AM #19
(06-03-2017, 03:22 AM)Sindar Wrote:  I don't want to make silly ones though : D Like I am watching Tonari no Seki-kun right now, it is a pretty funny anime and I like it, but it is a 5 minute per episode show about fooling around during classes, I'm sure Madara would think I am making fun of everybody suggesting something like it =)
I wouldn't mind watching comedy. All this while, I've been watching stuff that are anything but 'fun' or 'light-hearted'. I'm dying to have a change of pace in the kind of stuff I'm watching. The problem is, even though I want to, I just can't bring myself to get away from these.

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

06-03-2017, 06:38 AM #20
(06-03-2017, 03:29 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  I wouldn't mind watching comedy. All this while, I've been watching stuff that are anything but 'fun' or 'light-hearted'. I'm dying to have a change of pace in the kind of stuff I'm watching. The problem is, even though I want to, I just can't bring myself to get away from these.

Right, I know that feeling =) Wouldn't want to suggest an episodic show for discussions though, just can't imagine it working.
If your Haruhi suggestion wins you'd get a more light-hearted show for a change ^^/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
6 Replies 1,178 Views
Last Post by Saber
09-02-2015, 05:48 PM
4 Replies 866 Views
Last Post by Star_Of_Hope
08-30-2015, 02:34 AM
9 Replies 2,000 Views
Last Post by Saber
08-03-2015, 01:41 PM