Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 6% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

Rating...............

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Star_Of_Hope Offline Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Mood: None

Bounty : 93,312.99$
12-07-2014, 12:24 AM #11
(12-06-2014, 11:59 PM)Sindar Wrote:  The guy with magnificent mustaches who killed Yamamoto =) This one:
  [Image: JuhaBach.jpg] 
They used to call him Juha Bach, apparently it was a mistranslation.

I have seen him before. Also,the ending of this arc is pretty obvious.Only Ichigo can defeat him.

It's the same in Naruto and in Bleach Sad

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]]

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 90,964.92$
12-07-2014, 12:46 AM #12
(12-06-2014, 10:17 PM)Sindar Wrote:  
(12-06-2014, 07:52 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  
(12-06-2014, 04:22 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Cool, that was one feature I missed =)

It's similar to the 'rep' button we had...............So, how are you? Long time.............Watching any anime or TV series?

Yep, I just wanted it working again. I'm fine. Couldn't help disappearing from the web for a while, this month I'm having thesis defense and that takes a ton of time to prepare to. You wouldn't believe just how many different documents and such you need to prepare. How are you doing?

I watched 3 episodes of Gurren Lagann yesterday, that is about all I've watched recently. I'm also reading Annarasumanara and Bleach. First one is a pretty interesting Korean manga, Shaurya recommended it to me a while ago.

Is Gurren Lagann a Mecha series?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 18,607.03$
12-07-2014, 02:14 AM #13
(12-07-2014, 12:24 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote:  I have seen him before. Also,the ending of this arc is pretty obvious.Only Ichigo can defeat him.

Sure, it is the same with all shonen, protagonist gets all the glory. I read Bleach mostly cause I like Kubo as an artist. The stories he tells aren't complicated, but they can be impressive. And I think this is what Kubo goes for =) And also I want to see where the story will end up ^. ^

(12-07-2014, 12:46 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  
(12-06-2014, 10:17 PM)Sindar Wrote:  Yep, I just wanted it working again. I'm fine. Couldn't help disappearing from the web for a while, this month I'm having thesis defense and that takes a ton of time to prepare to. You wouldn't believe just how many different documents and such you need to prepare. How are you doing?

I watched 3 episodes of Gurren Lagann yesterday, that is about all I've watched recently. I'm also reading Annarasumanara and Bleach. First one is a pretty interesting Korean manga, Shaurya recommended it to me a while ago.

Yeah, you can say it is a mecha anime. It is not focused on the robots though. It is rather a hero story, sort of like Naruto would have been if you cut away all the branching story lines.

Star_Of_Hope Offline Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Bounty : 93,312.99$
12-07-2014, 03:54 PM #14
(12-07-2014, 02:14 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Sure, it is the same with all shonen, protagonist gets all the glory. I read Bleach mostly cause I like Kubo as an artist. The stories he tells aren't complicated, but they can be impressive. And I think this is what Kubo goes for =) And also I want to see where the story will end up ^. ^

It seems like you know kubo a little Grin

There are rumors that bleach might end pretty soon.
Is it true? Is this the final arc?

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]]

Akatsuki

12-07-2014, 04:32 PM #15
(12-07-2014, 02:14 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(12-07-2014, 12:24 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote:  I have seen him before. Also,the ending of this arc is pretty obvious.Only Ichigo can defeat him.

Sure, it is the same with all shonen, protagonist gets all the glory. I read Bleach mostly cause I like Kubo as an artist. The stories he tells aren't complicated, but they can be impressive. And I think this is what Kubo goes for =) And also I want to see where the story will end up ^. ^

(12-07-2014, 12:46 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  
(12-06-2014, 10:17 PM)Sindar Wrote:  Yep, I just wanted it working again. I'm fine. Couldn't help disappearing from the web for a while, this month I'm having thesis defense and that takes a ton of time to prepare to. You wouldn't believe just how many different documents and such you need to prepare. How are you doing?

Yeah, you can say it is a mecha anime. It is not focused on the robots though. It is rather a hero story, sort of like Naruto would have been if you cut away all the branching story lines.
I know that it is not right to compare it with Naruto, but, is it better than Naruto: Shippuden?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

12-08-2014, 03:01 AM #16
(12-07-2014, 04:32 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  
(12-07-2014, 02:14 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Yeah, you can say it is a mecha anime. It is not focused on the robots though. It is rather a hero story, sort of like Naruto would have been if you cut away all the branching story lines.
I know that it is not right to compare it with Naruto, but, is it better than Naruto: Shippuden?

Honestly, it is hard to say. Both are not a "must see" shows, but both are definitely worth checking out. Gurren Lagann is more comedic, it doesn't try to teach you what's good and what's bad, it doesn't have complex characters like, say, Itachi. At the same time when it comes to character development the show does a pretty good job. I dunno. I like Gurren Lagann, I find it entertaining. But knowing your taste in anime I am not sure if I would recommend it to you =) Unless you want to take a break from serious stuff you usually watch Tongue

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

12-08-2014, 03:02 AM #17
(12-07-2014, 03:54 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote:  
(12-07-2014, 02:14 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Sure, it is the same with all shonen, protagonist gets all the glory. I read Bleach mostly cause I like Kubo as an artist. The stories he tells aren't complicated, but they can be impressive. And I think this is what Kubo goes for =) And also I want to see where the story will end up ^. ^

It seems like you know kubo a little Grin

There are rumors that bleach might end pretty soon.
Is it true? Is this the final arc?

People always say that =) I am sure Kubo can drag on this manga till his retirement if he wants to  Angel

Akatsuki

12-08-2014, 11:11 PM #18
(12-08-2014, 03:01 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(12-07-2014, 02:14 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Yeah, you can say it is a mecha anime. It is not focused on the robots though. It is rather a hero story, sort of like Naruto would have been if you cut away all the branching story lines.

Honestly, it is hard to say. Both are not a "must see" shows, but both are definitely worth checking out. Gurren Lagann is more comedic, it doesn't try to teach you what's good and what's bad, it doesn't have complex characters like, say, Itachi. At the same time when it comes to character development the show does a pretty good job. I dunno. I like Gurren Lagann, I find it entertaining. But knowing your taste in anime I am not sure if I would recommend it to you =) Unless you want to take a break from serious stuff you usually watch Tongue

Actually, I do want a break...........I am watching this super dark anime called Aoi Bungaku, and it has 12 episodes, and I wanna finish it as soon as possible, to watch a light-hearted anime...........Can you recommend any other light-hearted anime?(Not necessary that it should belong to mecha, can even be school genre, but not like Clannad)................

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

12-11-2014, 12:50 AM #19
(12-08-2014, 11:11 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  

Honestly, it is hard to say. Both are not a "must see" shows, but both are definitely worth checking out. Gurren Lagann is more comedic, it doesn't try to teach you what's good and what's bad, it doesn't have complex characters like, say, Itachi. At the same time when it comes to character development the show does a pretty good job. I dunno. I like Gurren Lagann, I find it entertaining. But knowing your taste in anime I am not sure if I would recommend it to you =) Unless you want to take a break from serious stuff you usually watch :P

Actually, I do want a break...........I am watching this super dark anime called Aoi Bungaku, and it has 12 episodes, and I wanna finish it as soon as possible, to watch a light-hearted anime...........Can you recommend any other light-hearted anime?(Not necessary that it should belong to mecha, can even be school genre, but not like Clannad)................

School genre, huh >:) I would recommend Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's not serious but there are cool moments there, as well as some comedy. It is a character driven anime (as most are), so you'll be able to tell if you like it after 2 episodes. Or maybe you'll like A Certain Magical Index, I would place it below Haruhi, but I only seen 6 episodes; they were quite good episodes too. And that show certainly has legions of fans. I am hesitant to recommend you really relaxed shows like Lucky Star or Summer Wars (though the last one is a movie, you can sit through it in just 2 hours).

A bit unrelated but I was on assignment yesterday, and as I was riding a train back home I was watching Black Lagoon. It is actually a really good show so far. Action packed, episodic but with interesting characters and some intriguing undertones. I feel it is closer to the usual kind of stuff you watch.

Also here are just a few more suggestions: Afro Samurai (sword fights, nonsensical and crazy plot, a ton of weird humor), Macross: Do You Remember Love? (that one is a movie with old style animation, space battles and a lot of music), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (that is just awesome, but it is a kind of show that some people like a lot but most don't).

Akatsuki

12-11-2014, 04:37 PM #20
(12-11-2014, 12:50 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(12-08-2014, 11:11 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  

School genre, huh >Smile I would recommend Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's not serious but there are cool moments there, as well as some comedy. It is a character driven anime (as most are), so you'll be able to tell if you like it after 2 episodes. Or maybe you'll like A Certain Magical Index, I would place it below Haruhi, but I only seen 6 episodes; they were quite good episodes too. And that show certainly has legions of fans. I am hesitant to recommend you really relaxed shows like Lucky Star or Summer Wars (though the last one is a movie, you can sit through it in just 2 hours).

A bit unrelated but I was on assignment yesterday, and as I was riding a train back home I was watching Black Lagoon. It is actually a really good show so far. Action packed, episodic but with interesting characters and some intriguing undertones. I feel it is closer to the usual kind of stuff you watch.

Also here are just a few more suggestions: Afro Samurai (sword fights, nonsensical and crazy plot, a ton of weird humor), Macross: Do You Remember Love? (that one is a movie with old style animation, space battles and a lot of music), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (that is just awesome, but it is a kind of show that some people like a lot but most don't).

Whoa, thanks............Well, I'll start with Haruhi, then, after I finish watching Ao no Exorcist..............FInished 12 ep's till now, and I feel a bit disappointed because, AnE had so much potential and the author wasted it by making it a normal high school anime.................