Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 6% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

Newbie in need of education

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kaynil Offline Skilled
Mood: Talkative

Bounty : 7,937.36$
02-07-2015, 10:53 AM #1
Hello everybody, I'm Kaynil, pelased to meet'cha.
I have joined your cozy little haven in order to learn more about an awesome adventure that people has been raven for and that I have let pass for a good while.

I watched a few episodes on open TV many years ago, that was my first contact with One Piece, but now I have been told that was a butchered version and I am missing "the real deal". Oooookay....

Anyway, I am here now, among the experts and passionate fans that surely wouldn't lead me astray, right?

About me, I dunno, I am just your (what I hope is an average) adult gamer. I have enjoyed plenty of anime before but I am always afraid to start longs eries, even good ones. I think it is a post-DragonBall series effect. Hahah. All I need is, like the joker says, a little push to start watching/marathoning this. Any tips will be super helpful. Thanks.

Lastly, if you allow me the question: How did you got interested into One piece?

Star_Of_Hope Offline Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Mood: None

Bounty : 93,312.99$
02-07-2015, 02:03 PM #2
It's a really cool anime and you are missing out a lot, according to me Grin
Take a look at my review on first episode of one piece .

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Anyway, welcome to the warm and cozy little community Grin
Check out the group promotions and role play.
If possible join us marines Grin

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]]

xXInfectedXx Offline Newbie

Bounty : 3,061.84$
02-07-2015, 06:03 PM #3
(02-07-2015, 10:53 AM)Kaynil Wrote:  Hello everybody, I'm Kaynil, pelased to meet'cha.
I have joined your cozy little haven in order to learn more about an awesome adventure that people has been raven for and that I have let pass for a good while.

I watched a few episodes on open TV many years ago, that was my first contact with One Piece, but now I have been told that was a butchered version and I am missing "the real deal". Oooookay....

Anyway, I am here now, among the experts and passionate fans that surely wouldn't lead me astray, right?

About me, I dunno, I am just your (what I hope is an average) adult gamer. I have enjoyed plenty of anime before but I am always afraid to start longs eries, even good ones. I think it is a post-DragonBall series effect. Hahah. All I need is, like the joker says, a little push to start watching/marathoning this. Any tips will be super helpful. Thanks.

Lastly, if you allow me the question: How did you got interested into One piece?

Welcome to OnePieceForum

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 90,964.92$
02-07-2015, 06:04 PM #4
Hello, Kaynil............Welcome to OPF............Feel free to discuss about any anime, movies, books or games and, feel free to ask any query to a mod/admin...........Check out group promotions and role play-section, and join our pirate crew, which you can do for free, unlike a marine crew..................You can post your reply here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Kaynil Offline Skilled

02-08-2015, 06:05 PM #5
(02-07-2015, 06:03 PM)xXInfectedXx Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks for the advise.
So I have missing this much, I should catch up as soon as possible.
A friend told me I could use some OVA/Movies as shortcuts, but I am not sure if that'd make me miss many important details or memorable scenes so I might just binge the normal series instead. I dunno yet.
I'll check your review and think about the invitation.

(02-07-2015, 06:04 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I'll check around. Haha, a pirate crew. I'll check it out too.
What marine is not free to join? Hmm... well, I'll take a look around.

Again, thank you all for your kind welcome.

Akatsuki

02-08-2015, 08:53 PM #6
(02-08-2015, 06:05 PM)Kaynil Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks for the advise.
So I have missing this much, I should catch up as soon as possible.
A friend told me I could use some OVA/Movies as shortcuts, but I am not sure if that'd make me miss many important details or memorable scenes so I might just binge the normal series instead. I dunno yet.
I'll check your review and think about the invitation.

(02-07-2015, 06:04 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I'll check around. Haha, a pirate crew. I'll check it out too.
What marine is not free to join? Hmm... well, I'll take a look around.

Again, thank you all for your kind welcome.
OVA's are not shortcuts..............You need to watch the anime...........But, reading the manga is a shortcut...............And, I hope you know what a "manga" is.............

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Kaynil Offline Skilled

02-08-2015, 09:08 PM #7
(02-08-2015, 08:53 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  
(02-08-2015, 06:05 PM)Kaynil Wrote:  
(02-07-2015, 02:03 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote:  It's a really cool anime and you are missing out a lot, according to me Grin
Thanks for the advise. So I have missing this much, I should catch up as soon as possible.

OVA's are not shortcuts..............You need to watch the anime...........But, reading the manga is a shortcut...............And, I hope you know what a "manga" is.............
Of course I know, manga is the spanish word for "sleeve"... though I don't understand the relation to the series...

Of course, I'm just joking. I know what a manga is. Peace

Not sure how much of a shortcut is reading over 70 volumes of them, but I guess it is easier than sitting through what is the equivalent of 10 days non stop streaming of the series, not counting sleeping, work, etc.

I am in the understanding that Manga is the original format for this story, so I might actually try the manga over the anime, unless my roommate still wants to watch more episodes. I started watching the first one and he seemed a bit bothered so I invited him to watch with me. He didn't seem that into but that was just chapter one.

Akatsuki

02-09-2015, 01:48 AM #8
(02-08-2015, 09:08 PM)Kaynil Wrote:  
(02-08-2015, 08:53 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  
(02-08-2015, 06:05 PM)Kaynil Wrote:  
(02-07-2015, 02:03 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote:  It's a really cool anime and you are missing out a lot, according to me Grin
Thanks for the advise. So I have missing this much, I should catch up as soon as possible.

Of course I know, manga is the spanish word for "sleeve"... though I don't understand the relation to the series...

Of course, I'm just joking. I know what a manga is. Peace

Not sure how much of a shortcut is reading over 70 volumes of them, but I guess it is easier than sitting through what is the equivalent of 10 days non stop streaming of the series, not counting sleeping, work, etc.

I am in the understanding that Manga is the original format for this story, so I might actually try the manga over the anime, unless my roommate still wants to watch more episodes. I started watching the first one and he seemed a bit bothered so I invited him to watch with me. He didn't seem that into but that was just chapter one.

Manga is the original in most cases...............Then, anime's are adapted based on manga, if they become a hit..........But, sometimes, the anime catches up to the manga, so, it won't have any story to adapt............Hence, it creates some non-cannon stories to prevent it from catching up..............These are known as fillers.............Be careful of these...........Sometimes, they may be good, sometimes they may be bad............These are present in almost all big anime's............And, btw, how many anime's have you watched?

hawkeye_mihawk Offline I'm Smoker :P
Retired Staff
Mood: Bahahaha

Bounty : 13,772.44$
02-09-2015, 03:44 AM #9
hello!!!

welcome to the forum Grin

Random Sage Offline Couch Potato

Bounty : 1,569.83$
02-09-2015, 05:26 AM #10
Welcome to the forum Kaynil Grin we are glad to have you here!! I hope we'll get along Smile
By the way have you watched Naruto? I know this anime is really horrible in some people's views.. I enjoyed it anyway

What is a signature? Lets ask my old man Huh1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
8 Replies 839 Views
Last Post by Star_Of_Hope
08-06-2015, 10:22 PM