Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 6% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

Detective Conan Discussion Thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Star_Of_Hope Offline Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Mood: None

Bounty : 93,322.99$
08-09-2014, 02:28 AM #11
(08-09-2014, 02:24 AM)MelloLily Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Also note that the dubbed version stopped at episode 130 (episodes don't line up with Japanese either, so dubbed episode is 130 but Japanese episode is 123). I do not recommend dubbed because of this and because they change the names and places (like come on, Boston, New York?)

Also I would make sure that you see all the episodes here, because Heiji is awesome and I think one of his episodes are a filler: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

(Was too lazy to do the html link thing.)

I will save this post for now Grin

You have been a great help and I am really grateful for that Smile

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]]

MelloLily Offline Melody
Akatsuki

Bounty : 11,084.59$
08-09-2014, 02:28 AM #12
(08-09-2014, 02:28 AM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Also note that the dubbed version stopped at episode 130 (episodes don't line up with Japanese either, so dubbed episode is 130 but Japanese episode is 123). I do not recommend dubbed because of this and because they change the names and places (like come on, Boston, New York?)

Also I would make sure that you see all the episodes here, because Heiji is awesome and I think one of his episodes are a filler: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

(Was too lazy to do the html link thing.)

I will save this post for now Grin

You have been a great help and I am really grateful for that Smile
No problem Smile

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 18,607.03$
08-09-2014, 03:11 AM #13
(08-09-2014, 01:49 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  Note: If you're not caught up on Detective Conan anime/manga and you want to be, this thread may contain major spoilers.

Alrighty, so what are peoples thoughts on this series? (If there is anyone out there caught up, other than me).

So until I know there are people who watch it, I won't say anything and let someone choose what we talk about.

Note, I am caught up on the manga and anime, so if people have questions about the series, feel free to ask me.

I haven't seen any of the Detective Conan. I don't think I will be watching 700+ episodes (that is the number you've mentioned, right?) of the original series, not yet at least - it is just a little too intimidating undertaking =0 But I'd like to see something, so I am thinking, would it be better to watch first few episodes or jump into a movie. What would you suggest?

MelloLily Offline Melody
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 03:16 AM #14
(08-09-2014, 03:11 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(08-09-2014, 01:49 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  Note: If you're not caught up on Detective Conan anime/manga and you want to be, this thread may contain major spoilers.

Alrighty, so what are peoples thoughts on this series? (If there is anyone out there caught up, other than me).

So until I know there are people who watch it, I won't say anything and let someone choose what we talk about.

Note, I am caught up on the manga and anime, so if people have questions about the series, feel free to ask me.

I haven't seen any of the Detective Conan. I don't think I will be watching 700+ episodes (that is the number you've mentioned, right?) of the original series, not yet at least - it is just a little too intimidating undertaking =0 But I'd like to see something, so I am thinking, would it be better to watch first few episodes or jump into a movie. What would you suggest?

If you skip the filler episodes, it cuts the anime in half. I do recommend the movies, they are all great. So if you want to watch those first, go for it. I do recommend watching it in subbed because the dubbed version changes the names of people and places to be Americanized. Plus, dubbed only has 6 of the 18 movies (actually there are side movies too) and 130 dubbed episodes (which equals out to only the first 123 episodes in subbed).

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 03:28 AM #15
(08-09-2014, 03:16 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  

If you skip the filler episodes, it cuts the anime in half. I do recommend the movies, they are all great. So if you want to watch those first, go for it. I do recommend watching it in subbed because the dubbed version changes the names of people and places to be Americanized. Plus, dubbed only has 6 of the 18 movies (actually there are side movies too) and 130 dubbed episodes (which equals out to only the first 123 episodes in subbed).

Alright, that is good news. Usually with movies that come along with TV series it is a game of chance, you can get good ones, like with Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro or mediocre ones like with Bleach movies and such. Since from what I've heard Detective Conan is kinda episodic, I thought they should be able to have good side stories, hence make interesting movies.

So do I start with Detective Conan Movie 01: The Timed Skyscraper? =)

MelloLily Offline Melody
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 03:30 AM #16
(08-09-2014, 03:28 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(08-09-2014, 03:16 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  

Alright, that is good news. Usually with movies that come along with TV series it is a game of chance, you can get good ones, like with Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro or mediocre ones like with Bleach movies and such. Since from what I've heard Detective Conan is kinda episodic, I thought they should be able to have good side stories, hence make interesting movies.

So do I start with Detective Conan Movie 01: The Timed Skyscraper? =)

Yes, that is the first one. But if you like Lupin III, there is a "Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Special (2009)" and a movie "Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Movie (2013)". Watch the special first, if you decided to watch these... the movie refers to the special a lot.

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 03:53 AM #17
(08-09-2014, 03:30 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  Yes, that is the first one. But if you like Lupin III, there is a "Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Special (2009)" and a movie "Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Movie (2013)". Watch the special first, if you decided to watch these... the movie refers to the special a lot.

I'll get to those Lupin III vs. Detective Conan films too someday. I am not in a haste there, cause I have a feeling I know how this ting is going to go. It is not like either Lupin or Conan is going to be beaten, so the only way to end this is for them to team up Grin I would really be surprised if they won't find a common enemy or something.

MelloLily Offline Melody
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 04:00 AM #18
(08-09-2014, 03:53 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(08-09-2014, 03:30 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  Yes, that is the first one. But if you like Lupin III, there is a "Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Special (2009)" and a movie "Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Movie (2013)". Watch the special first, if you decided to watch these... the movie refers to the special a lot.

I'll get to those Lupin III vs. Detective Conan films too someday. I am not in a haste there, cause I have a feeling I know how this ting is going to go. It is not like either Lupin or Conan is going to be beaten, so the only way to end this is for them to team up Grin I would really be surprised if they won't find a common enemy or something.

I won't say. But I also recommend to watch the first two episodes before watching the movies, just so you have an idea what is wrong with the main character. Also, watching the movies (around movie 3+), there will be a character in those that give a spoiler to the anime series. It explains who she is in the opening credits, but personally I think it is best to find that out through watching episodes.

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 04:14 AM #19
(08-09-2014, 04:00 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  I won't say. But I also recommend to watch the first two episodes before watching the movies, just so you have an idea what is wrong with the main character. Also, watching the movies (around movie 3+), there will be a character in those that give a spoiler to the anime series. It explains who she is in the opening credits, but personally I think it is best to find that out through watching episodes.

Yeah, I probably will do it this way. "What's wrong" - you mean why he is a kid but gets into all sorts of trouble with criminals and such Grin I am not afraid of spoilers too much, when I was watching Hokuto no Ken I started with a movie which spoiled a ton of the major plot points, but it didn't bother me too much and I am still a fan of the franchise.

MelloLily Offline Melody
Akatsuki

08-09-2014, 04:20 AM #20
(08-09-2014, 04:14 AM)Sindar Wrote:  
(08-09-2014, 04:00 AM)MelloLily Wrote:  I won't say. But I also recommend to watch the first two episodes before watching the movies, just so you have an idea what is wrong with the main character. Also, watching the movies (around movie 3+), there will be a character in those that give a spoiler to the anime series. It explains who she is in the opening credits, but personally I think it is best to find that out through watching episodes.

Yeah, I probably will do it this way. "What's wrong" - you mean why he is a kid but gets into all sorts of trouble with criminals and such Grin I am not afraid of spoilers too much, when I was watching Hokuto no Ken I started with a movie which spoiled a ton of the major plot points, but it didn't bother me too much and I am still a fan of the franchise.

Do you know why he is a kid?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
2 Replies 220 Views
Last Post by Sebastian
08-27-2016, 10:17 PM
0 Replies 152 Views
Last Post by Nel
05-20-2016, 03:18 PM