Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 0% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

Buy in Bulk or one by one?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kaynil Offline Skilled
Mood: Talkative

Bounty : 8,472.34$
10-20-2016, 06:34 PM #1
I think we all have talked about how we read manga and if we actually care to buy it, but we haven't talked about our spending habits in detail.

Some mangas are pretty long. I imagine some people like to buy them as they are coming out and others rather wait until the series have finalised. Sometimes a special set might come out to the market  that might be cheaper or contain extra things.

What is your approach to getting manga? Do you buy in bulk? Do you spend on one volume at the time?

I usually rather wait until something has finalised. .i like reading the story before owning it and then decide if I want to own it or not. Once I decide I want it I basically just wait for a chance to get the volumes I can, whether one by one or a set is available. For the Zelda manga, I bought the set; for the Chrono Crusade I bought them a few at the time, chasing them even in garage sales, haha.

Some manga collections are just too big that I know I won't be owning even if I enjoyed them enough to want to return to them. Ranma is probably my exception, I will definitely buy any volume I get my hands into.

So what's your way of doing it?

No point using an image signature if it will only appear as a link, so have this boring text instead. 
Boring

Rika Offline Newbie
Mood: None

Bounty : 970.42$
10-30-2016, 01:23 PM #2
I have never purchased in manga. For me, they are hard to get or I have to spend some pretty bucks for it.

[Image: rjg8R1O.jpg]

TheBoss Offline Newbie

Bounty : 651.67$
11-10-2016, 04:59 PM #3
Bulk purchase is cheap in ebay
 I buy there all the timebut you get good manga rarely there. I just buy whatever looks good.

toofargone Offline too far gone

Bounty : 547.92$
11-17-2016, 06:43 PM #4
I usually buy volume 1 of a series and read it to decide if I like it. If I don't I put the book on ebay to sell it, if I do like it I generally buy depending on my available funds.

Unfortunately I fell in love with an out of print series. I was able to buy 90% from a store but had to turn to ebay to buy the last few.

So now I look to see if the series is still in print or not, if it's not I buy up what I can from the stores before they run out Smile If it's still in print I just buy them here and there.

ItachiSasuke Offline Skilled
NBF member

Bounty : 8,959.22$
11-18-2016, 11:40 AM #5
(11-17-2016, 06:43 PM)toofargone Wrote:  I usually buy volume 1 of a series and read it to decide if I like it. If I don't I put the book on ebay to sell it, if I do like it I generally buy depending on my available funds.

Unfortunately I fell in love with an out of print series. I was able to buy 90% from a store but had to turn to ebay to buy the last few.

So now I look to see if the series is still in print or not, if it's not I buy up what I can from the stores before they run out Smile If it's still in print I just buy them here and there.

What is that series that got that much of your attention senpai?
You can say the name, we won't say anything bad about it because we like different things too.

[Image: 4UTr5XX.png?1]

11-19-2016, 12:29 PM #6
(11-18-2016, 11:40 AM)ItachiSasuke Wrote:  What is that series that got that much of your attention senpai?
You can say the name, we won't say anything bad about it because we like different things too.

Well I first bought Love*Com volume 1 (my first ever manga series) found out it was out of print, so I went back the next week and bought the rest of the series minus a couple of volumes where I had to visit ebay to find the remaining volumes.

That was my start in the world of manga.

Pretty much now, I buy the first volume and if I like it I just buy the whole series. I bought and read Bleach 1, Vagabond 1, One Punch Man 1,  Attack on Titan, and I've bought the rest of the series.

I'm up to date on most of the series I have, I buy the next volumes as they come out.

Nel Offline Captain
Pirate

Bounty : 39,599.12$
11-23-2016, 02:57 PM #7
(11-19-2016, 12:29 PM)toofargone Wrote:  Well I first bought Love*Com volume 1 (my first ever manga series) found out it was out of print, so I went back the next week and bought the rest of the series minus a couple of volumes where I had to visit ebay to find the remaining volumes.

That was my start in the world of manga.

Pretty much now, I buy the first volume and if I like it I just buy the whole series. I bought and read Bleach 1, Vagabond 1, One Punch Man 1,  Attack on Titan, and I've bought the rest of the series.

I'm up to date on most of the series I have, I buy the next volumes as they come out.
Did you like bleach art? I sw couple if images but I think the real manga book is another deal.

[Image: PGmKvBJ.png]

11-26-2016, 12:32 PM #8
Yeah I don't mind it actually. TBH I haven't found a manga series where I don't like the artwork. I'm still getting used to the differences between Shōjo manga and other styles. I'm still getting used to the Vagabond artwork, but I still like it.

Nel Offline Captain
Pirate

Bounty : 39,599.12$
11-26-2016, 11:36 PM #9
(11-26-2016, 12:32 PM)toofargone Wrote:  Yeah I don't mind it actually. TBH I haven't found a manga series where I don't like the artwork. I'm still getting used to the differences between Shōjo manga and other styles. I'm still getting used to the Vagabond artwork, but I still like it.

What is your favorite genre? Do you prefer action with a bit of gore? Or do you prefer mystery with a bit of action?

[Image: PGmKvBJ.png]

11-28-2016, 09:39 AM #10
I dont have a favorite. I read anything from romance, romantic comedy, gore, action. I am a huge horror fan so anything with zombies/spirits etc. The only manga I haven't liked so far is Yowamushi Pedal.

If the story is good I'll read it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.