Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 6% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

Poll note

Poll: Do you have an anime store in your hometown?
Yep ^. ^
No, but I wish there would be one *_*
No, and I don't care much about it >_>
What O.o

Anime in your town?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki
Mood: None

Bounty : 90,964.92$
09-11-2014, 02:33 AM #11
@[Sindar] Yea, friends from my previous school...........I miss them like hell, though.........

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 18,607.03$
09-11-2014, 02:52 AM #12
(09-11-2014, 02:02 AM)Zero Wrote:  lol i actually don't have one ._. lol and i dont read manga iether so don't have those x( but i've seen my friends collection lol
well we do have famous things that already came on local tv with english dub...so stuff like dbz, yu-gi-oh, naruto. but i haven't seen other things and definitely not in a place with a dedicated anime section. it's just mixed in with regular cartoons x) but hey maybe i just never found the place lol XD MANY people have anime that they've downloaded over here in schools and uni and probably after as well x) so i don't know how successfully it will sell lol downloading is just so much easier these days x(

Is your local dub very different from american? Is it inappropriate to broadcast a show where people don't speak in local accent? :D I think it is not so bad if they sell anime together with normal cartoons, this way it will get more attention from normal crowd =)

Yeah, same here, even people who really care about copyright and want to support the industry still download anime, cause you can only get 20-30 shows in stores. This year I've been in a big movie store in Moscow and they had a dozen Ghibli films, 2-3 popular tv series and that was it :/

(09-11-2014, 02:33 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  @[Sindar] Yea, friends from my previous school...........I miss them like hell, though.........

Yeah that happens often. Every time you change a school or start a new studying, a college or something you miss old friends..
This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 02:59 AM by Sindar.

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 90,964.92$
09-11-2014, 03:18 AM #13
@[Sindar] Yep..........I am still in contact with them though.........They live near my home and I chat with them through facebook..............And, do you live in America?

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Zero Offline Skilled
NBF member

Bounty : 4,121.36$
09-11-2014, 05:06 AM #14
(09-11-2014, 02:52 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Is your local dub very different from american? Is it inappropriate to broadcast a show where people don't speak in local accent? Grin I think it is not so bad if they sell anime together with normal cartoons, this way it will get more attention from normal crowd =)

Yeah, same here, even people who really care about copyright and want to support the industry still download anime, cause you can only get 20-30 shows in stores. This year I've been in a big movie store in Moscow and they had a dozen Ghibli films, 2-3 popular tv series and that was it :/

nope, it's the exact same version that you would download off the net x) besides all the movies are almost American anyways...or Hollywood movies. many of us speak english...those that can't are in an unfortunate position though.
ah good point, although i don't think they put that much thought into it hehe XD

yeah especially if you really enjoyed it and you know you'll rewatch it. i mean we like what they do for us but its hard to support them. lol at least you have something XD although i think we may have those too coz i do remember seeing them on tv....well only spirited away but yeah, it's usually just the stuff that already came on local television. and it's not like there aren't other dubbed animes if they're worried about people not wanting to read subtitles hehe

[Image: J7iX6dE.png]

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

09-12-2014, 07:25 AM #15
(09-11-2014, 03:18 AM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  @[Sindar] Yep..........I am still in contact with them though.........They live near my home and I chat with them through facebook..............And, do you live in America?

Nope, I still live in Russia O.o

(09-11-2014, 05:06 AM)Zero Wrote:  nope, it's the exact same version that you would download off the net x) besides all the movies are almost American anyways...or Hollywood movies. many of us speak english...those that can't are in an unfortunate position though.
ah good point, although i don't think they put that much thought into it hehe XD

yeah especially if you really enjoyed it and you know you'll rewatch it. i mean we like what they do for us but its hard to support them. lol at least you have something XD although i think we may have those too coz i do remember seeing them on tv....well only spirited away but yeah, it's usually just the stuff that already came on local television. and it's not like there aren't other dubbed animes if they're worried about people not wanting to read subtitles hehe

Sure, I don't expect people who arrange the shelves in those stores to know the difference Grin

With the DVDs I don't even open the boxes that I am getting, to be honest ^^' I don't care for Russian dub and I would rather watch the movies in blue ray quality anyway Grin And it is easier to brush the dust off the boxes if you leave them in plastic wrapping xD

I WISH we had subtitled anime on TV Angry That would be just awesome. There used to be bleach in the time slot where I could catch it while having a dinner. I would have watched it, but local translation just made me sick >.< If they put it with subs everyone would have been happier (or if they hired professional actors, which apparently is an impossible thing to ask >.>)

Jupiter Zero Offline Registered User

Bounty : 2,471.14$
09-13-2014, 12:04 AM #16
Sadly. I live in a small town. There's a family owned book store here in town that sells some manga, not much. We also have a used media store that sells some anime, but not much. So I'm left to use Amazon and Ebay for all my needs or I have to drive over to a city in my state just to buy it so I don't have to wait or week or 2 on an order. Its pretty inconvenient, but there isn't much I can do.

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

09-13-2014, 03:34 AM #17
(09-13-2014, 12:04 AM)Jupiter Zero Wrote:  Sadly. I live in a small town. There's a family owned book store here in town that sells some manga, not much. We also have a used media store that sells some anime, but not much. So I'm left to use Amazon and Ebay for all my needs or I have to drive over to a city in my state just to buy it so I don't have to wait or week or 2 on an order. Its pretty inconvenient, but there isn't much I can do.

Two weeks, I thought they deliver the goods faster in the states. It is about the same over here, and sometimes my orders get lost and all that jazz..

Zero Offline Skilled
NBF member

Bounty : 4,121.36$
09-13-2014, 07:13 AM #18
(09-12-2014, 07:25 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Sure, I don't expect people who arrange the shelves in those stores to know the difference Grin

With the DVDs I don't even open the boxes that I am getting, to be honest ^^' I don't care for Russian dub and I would rather watch the movies in blue ray quality anyway Grin And it is easier to brush the dust off the boxes if you leave them in plastic wrapping xD

I WISH we had subtitled anime on TV Angry That would be just awesome. There used to be bleach in the time slot where I could catch it while having a dinner. I would have watched it, but local translation just made me sick >.< If they put it with subs everyone would have been happier (or if they hired professional actors, which apparently is an impossible thing to ask >.>)

lol so you buy them purely for supporting the creators then XD

tell me about it. it would help kids with there vocab too! or at least thats the excuse i always made. yeah i used too watch DBZ when i came home while eating....now there's nothing. haha why can't they just use the american dub then since thats what everyone uses

(09-12-2014, 07:25 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Sure, I don't expect people who arrange the shelves in those stores to know the difference Grin

lol so you buy them purely for supporting the creators then XD

tell me about it. it would help kids with there vocab too! or at least thats the excuse i always made. yeah i used too watch DBZ when i came home while eating....now there's nothing. haha why can't they just use the american dub then since thats what everyone uses

[Image: J7iX6dE.png]

Iron Eagle Offline Newbie

Bounty : 202.1$
09-15-2014, 11:14 AM #19
There are several places in my town to find anime and manga at. We have many comic book stores all around that are packed with anime and manga. Even the Booksamillion and Barnes & Nobles have entire sides of the store devoted to anime disks and manga books. It's all around, love it.

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

09-16-2014, 01:05 AM #20
(09-15-2014, 11:14 AM)Iron Eagle Wrote:  There are several places in my town to find anime and manga at. We have many comic book stores all around that are packed with anime and manga. Even the Booksamillion and Barnes & Nobles have entire sides of the store devoted to anime disks and manga books. It's all around, love it.

That is pretty awesome =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
3 Replies 66 Views
Last Post by BurnsyCEO
11-28-2016, 08:58 PM