Hello There, Guest! Login Register

We have recieved 6% of our goal ..
Support AMF if you can. We want to make it a better place but we need your support, to achieve that.

NBF is up!|Securing your account in AMF|Dark and light theme changer|Forum games post count

Poll note

Poll: Do you have an anime store in your hometown?
Yep ^. ^
No, but I wish there would be one *_*
No, and I don't care much about it >_>
What O.o

Anime in your town?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki
Mood: None

Bounty : 18,607.03$
09-10-2014, 03:21 AM #1
Here is a question I want to ask you - how hard is it to find anime related things in where you live? Do you have an anime store or something like this? I know those of us who live in the US are probably having no problem with this sort of thing, but in other parts of the world it is a different story =)

[edit]:
Oops, I just realized I've posted it in General Discussion instead of Anime one. If a mod or admin see this post and you know how to move it in where it is supposed to be, can you please do it?.. Sorry for the mess up Wth5
This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 03:37 AM by Sindar.

sharma Offline Newbie

Bounty : 132.54$
09-10-2014, 08:55 AM #2
Can't find anything anime. I can find it only online. I will assume countries like Japan have lots of it everywhere you go.

JS45 Offline Newbie

Bounty : 173.54$
09-10-2014, 09:36 AM #3
I dont even look so I dont know. My sister likes that stuff though so it must not be hard to find.

MadaraUchiha Offline Batman(Admin)
Akatsuki

Bounty : 90,964.92$
09-10-2014, 09:51 PM #4
Nothing as far as my place is concerned...........But I know a lot of fellow otakus.............

" Justice is subject to dispute; might is easily recognized and is not disputed. So we cannot give might to justice, because might has gainsaid justice, and has declared that it is she herself who is just. And thus, being unable to make what is just strong, we have made what is strong just."

Star_Of_Hope Offline Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Bounty : 93,312.99$
09-10-2014, 10:20 PM #5
(09-10-2014, 03:21 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Here is a question I want to ask you - how hard is it to find anime related things in where you live? Do you have an anime store or something like this? I know those of us who live in the US are probably having no problem with this sort of thing, but in other parts of the world it is a different story =)

[edit]:
Oops, I just realized I've posted it in General Discussion instead of Anime one. If a mod or admin see this post and you know how to move it in where it is supposed to be, can you please do it?.. Sorry for the mess up Wth5

Forget about anime related stuff.It is difficult find even anime fans in India Sad

If you want us to move,we will move this thread but section doesn't really matter in OPF(according to clara and shaurya) Grin

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]]

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

09-11-2014, 12:05 AM #6
(09-10-2014, 08:55 AM)sharma Wrote:  Can't find anything anime. I can find it only online. I will assume countries like Japan have lots of it everywhere you go.

It is basically the same for me, all anime stuff I've got I bought in other places or online. I was told we have a shop in my city, but I haven't seen it yet.

(09-10-2014, 09:36 AM)JS45 Wrote:  I dont even look so I dont know. My sister likes that stuff though so it must not be hard to find.

Okay =)

(09-10-2014, 09:51 PM)MadaraUchiha Wrote:  Nothing as far as my place is concerned...........But I know a lot of fellow otakus.............

You mean in real life? That is cool.

(09-10-2014, 10:20 PM)Star_Of_Hope Wrote:  Forget about anime related stuff.It is difficult find even anime fans in India Sad

If you want us to move,we will move this thread but section doesn't really matter in OPF(according to clara and shaurya) Grin

Here it is not a common hobby, but not rare either, when I was a student I came across a lot of anime fans =) I thought anime would not be sold in every corner shop in India. You have it on TV sometimes though, right?

I was going to post it in Anime discussion, but it was late and I guess I did not pay attention to what I was doing Lost
This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 12:09 AM by Sindar.

Star_Of_Hope Offline Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Bounty : 93,312.99$
09-11-2014, 12:44 AM #7
(09-11-2014, 12:05 AM)Sindar Wrote:  Here it is not a common hobby, but not rare either, when I was a student I came across a lot of anime fans =) I thought anime would not be sold in every corner shop in India. You have it on TV sometimes though, right?

I was going to post it in Anime discussion, but it was late and I guess I did not pay attention to what I was doing Lost

Yes.We do have anime shows but it's better to watch them online Grin
I don't want to watch anime that isn't to my liking Smile

Anyway,I am going to move this thread to anime discussions just as you want.And don't worry,things like that can happen to anyone Smile

[Image: 6bc972f0df4d014940d3f6dfd1a3a9be.png]]

Zero Offline Skilled
NBF member

Bounty : 4,121.36$
09-11-2014, 01:05 AM #8
we actually have a place that sells anime stuff like toys. watches chains, key rings, bags akatsuki cloaks and some other stuff...not a big shop but there in our most used mall so they do quite a bit of business. they don't sell manga but then i saw manga in two book stores so far. and we have no anime sold anywhere x) i guess our countries is full of pirates lol

[Image: J7iX6dE.png]

Sindar Offline ( º _ º)
Akatsuki

09-11-2014, 01:29 AM #9
(09-11-2014, 01:05 AM)Zero Wrote:  we actually have a place that sells anime stuff like toys. watches chains, key rings, bags akatsuki cloaks and some other stuff...not a big shop but there in our most used mall so they do quite a bit of business. they don't sell manga but then i saw manga in two book stores so far. and we have no anime sold anywhere x) i guess our countries is full of pirates lol

How many Akatsuki cloaks did you buy? :3 We don't have manga in book stores as far as I know, but they will probably start selling it sooner or later. At least I know that it is getting legally published in Russian, which is a lot of progress already : D It is kinda weird too, in Germany every big book store has lots of manga, I even bought a volume of Naruto there. It looks so good on paper *_*

I thought there would be more anime DVD sales in your country cause you can just re-licence american dubs.. seems like I was wrong xD

Zero Offline Skilled
NBF member

Bounty : 4,121.36$
09-11-2014, 02:02 AM #10
lol i actually don't have one ._. lol and i dont read manga iether so don't have those x( but i've seen my friends collection lol
well we do have famous things that already came on local tv with english dub...so stuff like dbz, yu-gi-oh, naruto. but i haven't seen other things and definitely not in a place with a dedicated anime section. it's just mixed in with regular cartoons x) but hey maybe i just never found the place lol XD MANY people have anime that they've downloaded over here in schools and uni and probably after as well x) so i don't know how successfully it will sell lol downloading is just so much easier these days x(

[Image: J7iX6dE.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
0 Replies 8 Views
Last Post by Nel
Yesterday, 01:19 PM